+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

wow that looks good. how many grafts he got?
    Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    @alchemist

this is the tobban thread, you can translate using chrome. His latests pics on the last page.

http://www.lookgood.se/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4544&p=11

1200 i think all on hairline/temples. He did not have major hairloss to begin with, but the improvement on temples and hairline is very noticeable and its still too early for the full result.

. how many grafts can gho do in one procedure? i mena the limit
    1200 i think all on hairline/temples. He did not have major hairloss to begin with, but the improvement on temples and hairline is very noticeable and its still too early for the full result.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Sounds like you got deep pockets. Wanna fund a procedure for me?
    I wish lol - I've basically rationalised that driving a cheap used car with hair is better than driving a brand new car with none. I think most hair loss sufferers sit back and think of all the cool stuff they could buy if they didn't have to worry about hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    This is the big gamble that guys contemplating HT's are facing. It sucks. I keep holding off on doing anything, hoping that the picture will become more clear. But year after year passes and the picture is just as fuzzy as the year before.

At the beginning of 2012, I felt for sure we were gonna get some kind of indication of what the future would bring for hair treatments. We had acell and hair plucking, replicel, histogen, aderans, follica. 2012 came and went, i can't say i have any more confidence that one of these would come forward than i did before the year started. In fact, i have much less!

Now were 1/4 through 2013 and still know squat. I have a feeling 2014 will come up and we'll still be in the fog. Makes it impossible to pull the trigger and go for a HT or HST. In the mean time, my hair keeps falling.

What i would love to do is have Rahal or Feriduni take care of zone 1 and 2 and then use Gho's HST to do any back filling in the mid scalp and crown area, should it be needed. Only thing is, this approach would cost a sh*t ton of money; so much so, that it is probably prohibitive.
    I think the biggest factor as to whether you pull the trigger is whether you can objectively look at your self and ask whether 'hair loss is stopping you do the things you want to do'. I know some people with hair loss that have essentially become hermits because of it.

At the end of the day if someone has the means for a HASCI treatment there isn't too much risk. Essentially a hair loss sufferer is inevitably going to go bald; HASCI just delays that time period. The worst case scenario is that it doesn't tide someone over until the next wave of treatments at which point someone would likely have to shave down - something they would have had to do anyway had they not got HASCI.

Thanks, cocacola. I agree there is improvement, but, i'll reserve judgement until i can see it grown out. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of gho's patients wear their hair buzzed down. It looks good that way, but, it's tough to visualize what it would look like grown out - which is the best way to judge the recipient area, IMO. Unfortunately, i don't like the buzzed down look for myself - so that's not really an option for me.

Hi! I might say I have the privilege to consider myself satisfied, even if there are always details they could have done even better. For example, to check the natural direction of growth before doing the "holes" into the scalp so that the new hair follows that which already grows in the recipient area. Maybe you should have some old short or longer hair, when you travel down there, which you can show those who are going to design the hairline.

I saved out my hair from 1 mm to 9 mm just because I thought they would check the direction of growth before the treatment so that they could imitate the natural hair as well as possible, but they shaved off the hair already before I got to meet Novia. If I had been the one to design a hairline on someone, I would have considered it a clear advantage to see the hair a bit longer before shaving/buzzing it. Because it's not as easy to see the direction of growth when the hair is 1 mm. But that's just my own theories.

I think my results look so far quite OK! As a matter of fact even good! No-one has noticed that I did something. If I would comment on something, then I guess it would be just that they could have imitated the natural direction of growth still a bit better. My hair grows naturally to the left, but the new hair in a right corner/part is directed more to the right, and in the left corner/part more straight forward or to the right. So it feels like they maybe thought the hair grows to the right, which it just doesn't But I will be taking this up with Dr. Novia.

Had she had a picture available with my scalp from above with shaved hair from the time when I had more hair as an additional starting point (it's a misnomer; what he means is "point of reference" --clarence) than the existing hair I have now during the designing, then it could have been even better.

I absolutely think you can be satisfied with one HST, but it doesn't hurt to take up things such as the natural direction of growth in advance and maybe show them some old pictures, if you've got any.

Energion I will make an update as soon as I find the time
    Energion: Jag ska göra en uppdatering så snart jag får tid.
    Last edited by Tobban (2013-03-15 12:54:10)
    manual translation