+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Exactly. I don't really get the argument that you shouldn't have a HT in your 20's for fear that you might lose more hair and "look weird." Just shave your head and get the stubble framing the strong hairline. Diffuse thinners do just that. Not sure where that argument came from, must be visualizing long hair in the front and no hair behind it...
    If youre going to lose more hair, HT or no HT, its not going to matter. Might as well get the HT done and enjoy some extra years... who knows, your MPB may stop. My grandfather became a NW3 by his late 20s and stayed like that until he died at 77 yeears of age. I've got the SAME pattern as him but im hoping my baldness doesnt progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Exactly. I don't really get the argument that you shouldn't have a HT in your 20's for fear that you might lose more hair and "look weird." Just shave your head and get the stubble framing the strong hairline. Diffuse thinners do just that. Not sure where that argument came from, must be visualizing long hair in the front and no hair behind it...
    The only problem with that line of thinking is donor scarring. Even if you go with FUE instead of strip, I don't think there's any doctor that can guarantee you won't get white-dot scarring. Once you get the procedure, you have to be prepared to deal with donor scarring, and for most people that limits their hair style, i.e., no buzzing or shaving.

I agree with your general line of thinking though. The people who most need hair transplants are the young guys in their 20s and 30s but it's these guys who are considered the worst candidates for the procedure. This is why I have minimal interest in traditional hair transplants. Without major improvements in terms of scarring, donor regeneration, or side-effect free treatments which could maintain your hair, it's an extremely limited procedure.

That's the appeal of HST though. From following many cases online, I've yet to see visible scarring in the donor. Whether that will be the case for absolutely everyone, I'm not sure, but it is far and away the least invasive hair transplant you can get. In all likelihood, you won't lose the option of shaving/buzzing.

I would proceed cautiously though. While we have a pretty good idea of things on the donor side, we can't say the same for the recipient, both in terms of aesthetic results and hard evidence, so we're lacking a complete picture at the moment.

This is why I keep bringing up the 50 graft test procedure. It would be great if people called into the Bald Truth and asked Spencer about it or even discussed it on the chat. At this point, it's hard to give advice but the 50 graft procedure would clear up a lot things, and it would be much easier to plan things out,

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    O know it's tempting for you to go next door, and still it if you plan to do the first thing with a strong high density HT in the hairline why not.

But some people with depleted donor were not accepted by Gho staff because too poor and they cried, because they felt they missed the real deal.

But probably it was people heavily butchered and with numerous HT.

So, to give you my opinion, the 1st next door and fill in the rest with Gho is the second best option...still far better then trusting pharma, topical sh*t, pills that blows your sexual identity...

I'm totaly the same, I prefer to be a bald guy who can give great sex to a woman then a hairy hunk with no engine in the boxer brief.

Best option is to choose for HST, because it is the today very best option, it gives you much more perspective and in the meantime, it can only improve... Gho did not retire from research and keeps digging for progress, they have more clinics, more patients, they are becoming big and Gho dedicates a lot of his time in research.... He was very criticized in the early 2000 but he kept focus and today, people move to him and very busy agenda.

Means that if still today, the dude keeps on searching for better with his scientist staff and already good knowledges, the future can only be brighter...even if it is a lil bit every year..

That's why at 33, I decided to start, because I don't give a **** about having huge hair in my 50's with cloning, I want to enjoy my appearance when i'm young and popular with woman, I want to reverse my Norwood and while doing it, knowing and assuming Gho or other will propose even bigger deals.

And also by doing this, we stop giving money to the old fashion industry or business, means that we influence the acceleration of new better solutions. (the old "offer and demand" law remains)

A ****ing men.

so im like... pretty much 98% done... ready to sign on for gho treatment 1400 follicles i think.. for may 27th...

anybody like.. request anything or something I could do or... what not?

I'm going with Gho because this is my first.. I'm like NW2.5-3 hairline.. no crown loss.. i dont want scarring and uhm.. i dunno. seems like the best way to go.

Would be nice if you take pics of course. Donor and recipient pre and after procedure. Also if you already had a consultation what is the waiting time right now? I am also in the mental process pf convincing myself to get a ht. I know it is a hard decision to take, especially considering the cost. However it seems to be the most rational treatment to take at this time.

yeah im only worried about recipient yield... or whatever. i dont want to spend this money get it done and have shitty results on my hairline

Yeah its been a while i was thinking about it too. I wanted to wait exactly for that reason, to see some recipients. Recently the swedish guy tobban updates his recipients and it looked pretty good! I know some hst recipients dont look as dense as we would wish. However, in most cases its a small <1500 grafts procedure, and if you do it on a nw4+ obviously it wont be enough. On the other hand when you put that amount of grafts mostly in front and hairline, it can give a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacola View Post
    Yeah its been a while i was thinking about it too. I wanted to wait exactly for that reason, to see some recipients. Recently the swedish guy tobban updates his recipients and it looked pretty good! I know some hst recipients dont look as dense as we would wish. However, in most cases its a small <1500 grafts procedure, and if you do it on a nw4+ obviously it wont be enough. On the other hand when you put that amount of grafts mostly in front and hairline, it can give a good result.
    Where can we see this guy Tobban's result?

Quote Originally Posted by caddarik79 View Post
    That's why at 33, I decided to start, because I don't give a **** about having huge hair in my 50's with cloning, I want to enjoy my appearance when i'm young and popular with woman, I want to reverse my Norwood and while doing it, knowing and assuming Gho or other will propose even bigger deals.
    Hehehe SO true !

I've been thinking about the best strategy. Histogen might be available as soon as within 2 years (in Asia). Within 5 years you'll most probably have both Aderans and Histogen all over the world. And Team Tokyo already succeeded at bio engineering a fully working, hair producing, human hair follicle, out of stem cells. I'm not sure if everybody realizes that, I surely didn't. All they need to do is find a way to mass produce it and run clinical trials, which they want to start as soon as within 2 years, they expect it to reach the market within 10 years but I wouldn't be surprised if that would be 8 years.

So my road map: get another HST asap (so 9 months after my first, which will be in August). That should get me at least to the Histogen release. Then I'll see if I go with another HST or Histogen, which should easily buy another few years. Then you'll have HST, Histogen and Aderans, get one of those and you'll be fine until Team Tokyo has commercialized their stem cell approach and you can get as much hair as you want by then.

And I'm not even talking about the possibility of other inventions in between. Like Gho's HST 3.0. In other words, I really don't see any point in waiting, I'm going to get my next HST asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Hehehe SO true !

I've been thinking about the best strategy. Histogen might be available as soon as within 2 years (in Asia). Within 5 years you'll most probably have both Aderans and Histogen all over the world. And Team Tokyo already succeeded at bio engineering a fully working, hair producing, human hair follicle, out of stem cells. I'm not sure if everybody realizes that, I surely didn't. All they need to do is find a way to mass produce it and run clinical trials, which they want to start as soon as within 2 years, they expect it to reach the market within 10 years but I wouldn't be surprised if that would be 8 years.

So my road map: get another HST asap (so 9 months after my first, which will be in August). That should get me at least to the Histogen release. Then I'll see if I go with another HST or Histogen, which should easily buy another few years. Then you'll have HST, Histogen and Aderans, get one of those and you'll be fine until Team Tokyo has commercialized their stem cell approach and you can get as much hair as you want by then.

And I'm not even talking about the possibility of other inventions in between. Like Gho's HST 3.0. In other words, I really don't see any point in waiting, I'm going to get my next HST asap.
    I'm seriously looking forward to that day! What will we all moan about by then? And what will the fate of this very forum be? That day will be a great day.