+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drybone

Default Drybone

Hey everyone.

I came to this forum scared to death. Not knowing if I was alone or if I was doing the right thing. I thought I had done my home work and finally at age 46 taken the plunge on a hair transplant.

I decided on a local woman in Orlando. Her name is Marina Pizzaro

http://www.drpizarro.com/

She charged $3.50 per graft. I told her I wanted a dense one centimeter line right across my forehead and about 100 grafts each at the temple to frame my face and shrink the width of my forehead.

The procedure was a FUT and it went very well. She over saw the procedure and her assistants did the actual cutting and placing.I cracked jokes with them the entire 4 hours and even spoke a little spanish.

Turns out, she ended up with extra grafts (its hard to slice out the exact number) so she put em in and it ended up being $3 per graft. By all accounts she seemed like a nice lady.

I joined this forum and you guys have helped me tremendously . I can only hope to repay you all by helping the next guy who comes in. Because of you guys I have found another guy to do the dense packing second procedure and am on generic finasteride.

I have pics from childhood, through my teens, twenties, thirties and age 41 . All the way up to age 45, about 7 months before my procedure. My goal was to put those up, then put the surgery day, just after, then one month , two months and so forth until 6 months then put up the thread.

its been 4 months as of Sunday and I have some concerns so I am putting up a pic i took this morning. Let me know what your thoughts are on the quality of my procedure thus far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2678.jpg

Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	19940   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2679.jpg

Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	19941   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2680.jpg

Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	19942   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2681.jpg

Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	19943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2682.jpg

Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	19944  

By the way. Here is my photos from sunday. As you can see I am pretty concerned that the procedure produced a bunch of wispy nothing and I almost wasted my time. From the photos in my first post we see how well the Caboki and Derm match work. So all I wanted was a thick hairline and then use the products behind it but I think she wasted my time. Am I over reacting ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	19945   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	19946   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	19947   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	19948   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg

Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	19949   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	19950  

Hey Drybone,

Thank you for sharing your photos. I won't say that you wasted your time or not simply because it's too early to judge anything at this point. I always tell patients that are concerned at this point to give the result the time it deserves to do what it's going to do. Try not to pre-judge it because what it looks like today has no bearing on what it looks like at one year.

I'm glad this forum has helped you in any way. It's a great resource.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Hey thanks for your reply. I am at that dreaded 4 month stage where it doesnt look anywhere near as dense as the rest of my hair and its worrying me

I appreciate your kind words. Its hard to be patient though.

Yeah, the surgery is the easy part It's the waiting that gets ya.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey thanks for your reply. I am at that dreaded 4 month stage where it doesnt look anywhere near as dense as the rest of my hair and its worrying me
    I know this is a hard time right now but it is much too early. The results do not truly show until between 12 and 18 months. However, by the 12 month mark you will have a more accurate idea of how much improvement you have been able to achieve.

For your reference since our hair color and texture is very similar, I saw the most improvement between 12 and 18 months.

Also, I have heard of your chosen surgeon before. The few people I have spoken to who have gone to her have been very happy with what she did for them.

hi Tracy thanks for your reply.

Its frustrating watching it come in hair by hair because it takes so long to grow in . Most of us need a second procedure so thats another year out of our lives but i have to keep reminding myself its a small price to pay for a lifetime reward.