+ Reply to Thread

Default Switching to Avodart

I've been taking Propecia for 5 years. Even though its slowed my hair loss, last year or two my thinning has been more aggressive. My doctor prescribed me Avodart, I want to try it for a month to see if I have any problems with it. If so, I will return to propecia

Has any body seen results with Avodart in reversing any of the thinning or cause re growth?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I've been taking Propecia for 5 years. Even though its slowed my hair loss, last year or two my thinning has been more aggressive. My doctor prescribed me Avodart, I want to try it for a month to see if I have any problems with it. If so, I will return to propecia

Has any body seen results with Avodart in reversing any of the thinning or cause re growth?
    Has anybody here seen a rising sun? I would say that this is a pretty silly question.

If you are young and your MPB is fast, I would definitely recommend Avodart. Finasteride would be a waste of time, because a certain percentage of young users didn't reach the top of their androgen levels yet, and MPB can easily catch up with the effect of finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Has anybody here seen a rising sun? I would say that this is a pretty silly question.

If you are young and your MPB is fast, I would definitely recommend Avodart. Finasteride would be a waste of time, because a certain percentage of young users didn't reach the top of their androgen levels yet, and MPB can easily catch up with the effect of finasteride.
    I'm 28, been on Propecia for about 5 yrs. My hairloss is at a NW 2 with severe diffuse thinning. Would switching to Avodart thicken my hair or did I wait to long to get on Avodart?

Inhibiting DHT can definitely reverse diffuse thinning. How much it might reverse your diffuse thinning, no one can say. But yes it is possible

I'm switching to it as well, but it's from inhousep and it's generic I think. They are 0.5mg. I think what i'm going to do since they're supposedly so strong and 0.5mg dut is a little stronger than 5mg fin, i'm going to start taking one every other day.

BoSox here is some useful information about dut if you haven't read this yet, you should.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...t-dutasteride/

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

I've been on Propecia about 5 years as well and I thought Avodart was going to be my life saver when I started thinning pretty aggressively. I took 8 pills (.5mg) over a one month period. I took 2 a week and 5 Propecia on the days I didn't take Avodart.

Long story short, I developed some pretty bad gyno. I stopped use and the gyno remains....

So it is a bad situation for me. Seems like most people can take Avo with no bad effect, not me