+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogaine Sheds

Default Rogaine Sheds

Hi fellas,

I've been on Fin for 15 months and I never really experienced much shedding.

I started on Rogaine two months ago and I think I've just started shedding - it isn't that much, but it's noticeably more than I'm used to.

So, my questions are these:

1. When do most men start shedding on Rogaine and how many hairs are we starting about?

2. Is it possible that because I've been on Fin for over a year before I started Rogaine that it is helping to stop the Rogaine shed?

I'm just worried that because I've never had many periods of shedding that the Fin or Minox are not working for me!

Thanks in advance for any advice. Cheers!

Most people shed through month 3. the amount of hairs you shed depends...how well you respond, how many hairs are affected by DHT, other factors.

it might be plausible that your hair is shedding less because its stronger from the fin, and thus the stimulus from rogaine isnt as necessarily for some hairs, so they wont shed. but then again, since rogaine and fin treat hair loss differently, it will still cause shedding in some or most hairs

Thanks buddy. It's useful to know that month 3 is usually the shedding one - that's where I'm at now.

One more question, if you don't mind? I know that shedding is a positive sign that the drug(s) are working, but is it still possible to get good results without shedding loads? Because I don't think I've shed much, either on fin or minox so far.