Threaded View

Default Friends, I'm giving up the Fin

So guys, after a relatively short battle (around 9 months) I'm packing in the fin.

I realised the other day how low my libido has got. I toyed with the idea of lowering the dose and continuing but I don't want to increase the chance of more permanent loss.

It's funny looking back, my hair wasn't a disaster by any standards, but to me (and people around me) my unruly/wild hair had always big part of my character. So after the first sign of loss, and the first comment or two, I jumped onto fin. Fast forward 9 months and I would honestly say not much has changed. I think my crown has improved, but the front/middle scalp has gotten worse. But the real stickler is the libido. It's slowly deteriorated to a point where I think its a concern.

It's such a messy business. The panic that comes from the realisation of hairloss. Emotionally so much has changed since I first realised.
    I'm not sure how i feel about the drug itself. Obviously people benefit, others don't. What I do feel is that I'm loosing my hair at a time where there is no definite solution, no clear understanding, and because of that you can expose yourself to risk and stress.

"god I'll look so old without hair" "shall I shave it off"
    "Fin/ No Fin" "Side effects/No Side effects"
    "concealer/no concealer"
    "you can take this, but it may or may not work"
    " you can take this, but all your hair will fall out first, causing even more panic"
    "maybe its phycological?"
    **Trolling**

All of these (and much much more) I'm going to try and leave behind.

If I've gained any wisdom from this experience (from my mistakes) to pass on to other follically challenged brothers, I would simply recommend being extremely cautious and sensible. If you want to start Fin, speak to a doctor, take pictures. Also, use websites like this constructively, keep steady updates, ask questions, keep searches specific, DO NOT endlessly search post after post. For all the well meaning people on here, the negativity can and will lower your self-esteem.

So I shall quit starting tomorrow, try and find time to hit the gym, maybe take the odd vitamin/zinc/biotin and see what happens. Hopefully things will return to normal before long.

I'll return in a month or two with a post-fin update.