+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    More importantly..How do you hold yourself? are you overweight? do you take pride in your appearance?

Sure you can have a bald head which stands out, but are you making the effort to dress nicely, eat healthy and having a nice physique. Sure it's not a thick head of hair, though it can help.

Cheers,
    This is incorrect, in my experience. I had a 50 yr old man that I didn't know start laughing at me because of my baldness. He was short, fat, and much balder than I. I, by contrast, have been told that I have a very imposing physique, and I had my shirt off at the time (I was at a pool). I wasn't alone either, I was with a group of friends.

In short, having a rockin' bod won't help if your hair just looks bad.

People can be jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    This is incorrect, in my experience. I had a 50 yr old man that I didn't know start laughing at me because of my baldness. He was short, fat, and much balder than I. I, by contrast, have been told that I have a very imposing physique, and I had my shirt off at the time (I was at a pool). I wasn't alone either, I was with a group of friends.

People can be jerks.
    If he was short fat and 50 you should of laughed right back at him. True if your hair looks bad it detracts from your hard earned bod but if that's the case it's time for the no guard buzz to straighten that look out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post

People can be jerks.
    Well then your just unlucky then. That's your experience...

What i'm implying is, you can cry all you want about being bald, but if your fat and bald then your not making the most of what you have. Eating cupcakes and slices of pizza is not going to make anything better except make you a lard ass with no hair and no sexual features at all.

Just because your bald does not mean people don't respect you, if your someone who puts effort into there life, has hobbies, great person to be around, not a fat slob, your going to gain a lot of respect..hair or no hair.

If someones laughing at you, it's probably not just because of your hair it's probably of something else to... are you sure your fly wasn't undone?

If you look at our society, it's all about masking. Look at the billions of dollars which is spent on cosemetics each year. If you want to "Fit In" or feel better about your appearance do something about it. If your skin is looking crap, start a skin regime, use toner and moisteriser on your skin, use lip balm. If you shave your head and you don't stand out, buy some nice clothing, if your overweight, exercise. If your boring, start a hobbie. If you can't get a girlfriend, order one on the internet(jokes), step out of your comfort zone..do something you wouldn't normally do. Not saying i'm mr perfect, I hate the fact i'm balding. But I read posts almost everyday "They laughed at me :-(" **** them, you only live once. Don't let people who laugh at you be the reason you don't succeed in life, cause i can assure you, if you had a full head of hair there will always be a reason for people to speak down to you or pick something not right about you, or even joke about you. Sure having a head of hair helps, but trust me...There's ways to improve your situation.

Sorry for the rant :-p

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    Was never a good fighter but learned I had to be to survive.
    Excuse me? What time period are you living in when you have to be a good fighter to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Excuse me? What time period are you living in when you have to be a good fighter to survive?
    hmm, feudal Japan, post apocalyptic America and Star Wars, that's all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    hmm, feudal Japan, post apocalyptic America and Star Wars, that's all I can think of.
    Hopefully Star Wars. You can pull off bald there pretty easy:

Has OP considered an extensive face tattoo?

I wonder if the medical profession has considered turning to the dark side as a cause of male pattern baldness?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroes View Post
    If you look at our society, it's all about masking. Look at the billions of dollars which is spent on cosemetics each year. If you want to "Fit In" or feel better about your appearance do something about it. If your skin is looking crap, start a skin regime, use toner and moisteriser on your skin, use lip balm. If you shave your head and you don't stand out, buy some nice clothing, if your overweight, exercise. If your boring, start a hobbie. If you can't get a girlfriend, order one on the internet(jokes), step out of your comfort zone..do something you wouldn't normally do. Not saying i'm mr perfect, I hate the fact i'm balding. But I read posts almost everyday "They laughed at me :-(" **** them, you only live once. Don't let people who laugh at you be the reason you don't succeed in life, cause i can assure you, if you had a full head of hair there will always be a reason for people to speak down to you or pick something not right about you, or even joke about you. Sure having a head of hair helps, but trust me...There's ways to improve your situation.

Sorry for the rant :-p

Couldnt of said it better myself nice one.

hear hear!! I had long hair (past my nose) forever. I play in bands and stuff. Have been thinning the last few years so I buzzed my hair down a few weeks back. Some people like it and others dont but it makes me feel good not worrying all the time that my hair looks a bit crap! Most people hadnt realized I was balding at all (and it was all I could think about!) hahahaha its really nice to be able to concentrate on other stuff. If you have a decent hairline the #1 looks pretty cool I think, certainly makes my hair look/feel thicker after a week or 2 of regrowth.