+ Reply to Thread

Default Websites from Turkey - 1500 grafts for €1,500

Is this really possible? I have seen a few websites from Turkey stating that a HP with 1,500 grafts could cost €1,500. I realise that anything in a country like Turkey is going to be a fraction of the cost as in Europe or the USA - but would a price this low actually be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Is this really possible? I have seen a few websites from Turkey stating that a HP with 1,500 grafts could cost €1,500. I realise that anything in a country like Turkey is going to be a fraction of the cost as in Europe or the USA - but would a price this low actually be possible?
    I understand that price is always a factor in pretty much everything, but don't make it the deciding factor when it comes to surgery, this is your health and appearance we are talking about. Like I said before some are willing to take the risk when it comes to cheaper hair transplants due to attractive exchange rates but the saying "you get what you pay for" springs to mind. I'd look at it this way, I'd rather spend the bigger money and have something that would look good rather than spend a little money on something that's 50 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I understand that price is always a factor in pretty much everything, but don't make it the deciding factor when it comes to surgery, this is your health and appearance we are talking about. Like I said before some are willing to take the risk when it comes to cheaper hair transplants due to attractive exchange rates but the saying "you get what you pay for" springs to mind. I'd look at it this way, I'd rather spend the bigger money and have something that would look good rather than spend a little money on something that's 50 50.
    Could I not get another HP in future years that would undo any potential bad HP? It's just that for the time being I don't have enough money for a FUE in a Western country. Once again, if this is something to do with scarring, I never keep/ kept my hair short or buzzed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    Could I not get another HP in future years that would undo any potential bad HP? It's just that for the time being I don't have enough money for a FUE in a Western country. Once again, if this is something to do with scarring, I never keep/ kept my hair short or buzzed anyway.
    I'm not sure I see the logic in that. I wouldn't be thinking "if I get a cheap transplant now and it looks awful I can fix it at a later date" which would mean you're stuck with it until such time. If you're determined to go down the transplant route my advice would be to hold fire for now and save the extra money and go with someone reputable.
    Remember that future surgeries will be a possibility. As for the scarring issue you may one day just want to shave your head. There are people on this board who would like to do just that but are reluctant because of large surgery scars on the scalp which is why fue is a better option in my opinion. If one day you decide you've had enough shaving is still available to you. If you go down the FUT route then you have a lifelong commitment to further surgery and hair loss drugs.
    I'm just saying don't rush your decision and base it on money alone. You want excellent results with the most transplanted hair to survive and grow then you go to a reputable doctor.