+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Default Is my thinking correct? (Please try to follow my logic) (interactive experience)

Say I were to get my T levels to plummet by not lifting and not eating fat. For the sake of the argument, let's say 50% of baseline. Now, logically, wouldn't this mean that I would have 50% of baseline DHT in my system (ignore DHT blockers at this point and continue following my genius)? Now, add a DHT blocker into the mix and won't hair maintenance/regrowth be enhanced? Please see my maths:
    Baseline T (I'm just going to use percentages and not whatever the hell they measure hormones with): 100%
    Baseline DHT: 100%
    T after plummeting: 50%
    DHT after plummeting: 50%

Here is where we add a DHT blocker such as duta (98% inhibition of type 2 5ar)
    DHT after plummeting and adding DHT blocker: 1%

Compare to if I weren't trying to get my T levels to plummet, but using a DHT blocker
    T:100%
    DHT: 2%

Conclusion: allowing T to plummet while using a DHT inhibitor means that DHT inhibition increases 100% than if you did not allow T to plummet but used a DHT inhibitor. This is why spiro works in regrowing hair for some people.

Is what I said true or false? Did it even make any sense at all?

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking, "Wow, why don't you just turn yourself into a girl, you douche. You need strong muscles and such." But, please, let's think about this for a second. Given the choice, we all know which one of the following pictures is more beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Say I were to get my T levels to plummet by not lifting and not eating fat. For the sake of the argument, let's say 50% of baseline. Now, logically, wouldn't this mean that I would have 50% of baseline DHT in my system (ignore DHT blockers at this point and continue following my genius)? Now, add a DHT blocker into the mix and won't hair maintenance/regrowth be enhanced? Please see my maths:
    Baseline T (I'm just going to use percentages and not whatever the hell they measure hormones with): 100%
    Baseline DHT: 100%
    DHT after plummeting: 50%

Here is where we add a DHT blocker such as duta (98% inhibition of type 2 5ar)
    DHT after plummeting and adding DHT blocker: 1%

Compare to if I weren't trying to get my T levels to plummet, but using a DHT blocker
    T:100%
    DHT: 2%

Conclusion: allowing T to plummet while using a DHT inhibitor means that DHT inhibition increases 100% than if you did not allow T to plummet but used a DHT inhibitor. This is why spiro works in regrowing hair for some people.

Is what I said true or false? Did it even make any sense at all?

Now, I know what a lot of you are thinking, "Wow, why don't you just turn yourself into a girl, you douche. You need strong muscles and such." But, please, let's think about this for a second. Given the choice, we all know which one of the following pictures is more beautiful.

I would think the majority of people reading this are probably pulling a face like the guy in the second picture.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I would think the majority of people reading this are probably pulling a face like the guy in the second picture.
    Why do you insist on attacking and trolling every post I make? How do your posts go unnoticed by Winston when I get my posts deleted when I am offering sound, educated advice? I feel this is a very valid topic and one that is of great interest to me. I'm looking for any way possible to maintain my hair and if this helps me in my quest to do so, I would like to hear some educated opinions regarding it.

I'd like to disagree only very slightly here. Not everyone knows who the better looking guy there is. It's more like everyone but you.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I'd like to disagree only very slightly here. Not everyone knows who the better looking guy there is. It's more like everyone but you.
    I don't think we are understanding each other. I'm not discussing "poon-slaying potential" or which can pick up the most used-up sloots. I'm discussing beauty, aesthetics, etc. Think about it as if you were going to paint or sculpt one. Which would you choose to represent for the ages: a man with nearly perfect hair and facial features, or some NW3 juicer?

Kayman, I'm forced to agree with Aames on this one.
    Please stop trolling Highlander and Aames. It's rude. Even your name is a troll name ('kay, man).
    Just...stop.

nearly perfect hair and facial features
    That's just so subjective. I'm not even sure how to argue that. You do realize that what you're talking about is an opinion, right? You act like getting women (or men, if that's your thing) isn't a part of it. What is a perfect appearance if not the most attractive to others?

Think about it as if you were going to paint or sculpt one. Which would you choose to represent for the ages?
    Admittedly, I'm pretty partial to Donatello's David, but it's probably just the name thing. If I'm sculpting one myself, it's gonna be this one:

I disagree with your idea of who is more attractive, yes, but I wanna go ahead and address your post outside of that. I don't think the plan would work. If you want to keep your hair, go get it, man. I'm all about people going out and gettin' what they want. I just don't think this plan will do it. Have you looked into other hormones dependent on fats and cholesterol and figured in their effects? And have you considered testosterone's effects on the body other than how much converts to DHT? Particular its effect on general body composition (fat/muscle/bone density/etc.)?

Keep in mind, every steroid hormone requires cholesterol, which is produced in the body using the fats you plan to cut. Here's a list of steroid hormones. Look at all of their effects and let me know if you still hope this plan successfully lowers them all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rmones#Steroid

You may have more hair (unless your health is too compromised to grow it), but you probably won't look like that first guy.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I disagree with your idea of who is more attractive, yes, but I wanna go ahead and address your post outside of that. I don't think the plan would work. If you want to keep your hair, go get it, man. I'm all about people going out and gettin' what they want. I just don't think this plan will do it. Have you looked into other hormones dependent on fats and cholesterol and figured in their effects? And have you considered testosterone's effects on the body other than how much converts to DHT? Particular its effect on general body composition (fat/muscle/bone density/etc.)?

Keep in mind, every steroid hormone requires cholesterol, which is produced in the body using the fats you plan to cut. Here's a list of steroid hormones. Look at all of their effects and let me know if you still hope this plan successfully lowers them all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rmones#Steroid

You may have more hair (unless your health is too compromised to grow it), but you probably won't look like that first guy.
    See, now this is the type of reply I wanted. Yeah, this is the problem that I was considering. Taking a T blocker would probably be easier. However, that does leave the fact of what my physique would look like. I wouldn't want to be skinny-fat.

A t-blocker would definitely be easier, more effective, and healthier than trying to eliminate all precursors for steroid hormones from your diet; but I'd still be pretty wary of it. You'd probably end up skinny fat, but I'd be more worried about emotional problems and issues with bone density. On the emotional side, even if you keep hair, I doubt you'll be too happy about it. Testosterone has a lot to do with motivation, general happiness, and "passion". On bone density, you're probably going to run in to a lot of problems as you age if you go on a life long crusade against testosterone.

If aesthetics are as important to you as it seems, then maybe the skinny fat thing is a more compelling argument. Why attempt to lower your testosterone that much anyway? Does a 1% difference in DHT really create a significant difference in hair density? Poor health may entirely offset the difference. Wouldn't go this route, man!

Is anyone else of a different opinion?