+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJones12 View Post
    Feel free to elaborate....
    It was more a comment about erection size. I am on finasteride + dutasteride at the same time and the size of my erections is the same. Was on just fin for close to 2.5 years prior and same thing, the size did not change.
    I do not see how the structure of a grown man's penis would change (shrink) with a drop in DHT levels, but maybe others here have useful experience they can share

DHT could have something to do with frequency of erections, I am not sure. Some men do report fewer erections on fin but I wonder if it's from a different hormonal change farther down the cascade (eg some men experience an estrogen increase while on fin)

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    It was more a comment about erection size. I am on finasteride + dutasteride at the same time and the size of my erections is the same. Was on just fin for close to 2.5 years prior and same thing, the size did not change.
    I do not see how the structure of a grown man's penis would change (shrink) with a drop in DHT levels, but maybe others here have useful experience they can share

DHT could have something to do with frequency of erections, I am not sure. Some men do report fewer erections on fin but I wonder if it's from a different hormonal change farther down the cascade (eg some men experience an estrogen increase while on fin)
    Yeah, I've grown increasingly confused. I've seen people with PFS show studies proving DHT's importance in sexual function; but then I've seen people such as DecadeTwo on *** post tons of studies that show how much more important T is than DHT in sexual activity. At the end of the day, you never know what is going to happen. You can only try and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    At the end of the day, you never know what is going to happen. You can only try and hope for the best.
    Very true, nothing is set in stone I suppose. I'm just saving up for my first course of propecia, hoping to place my order within the next couple of weeks. Will be posting a detailed log of my journey throughout.

My hairloss is quite agressive, but I too have not experienced any sexual sides at all, now about 7 months onto the thing.

unfortunately it's mainly just stabilized my hair so far, which I guess is a good thing at least! but I want more hair haha!