+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post

Transecting 2 hair graft and calling it single is definetely misleading
    No - that's not misleading at all. That has just something to do with the incompetence in the hair transplant field in general.

And yeah, THIS part (why you can see 2 HAIRS if you need just 1 HST follicle) has, in fact, something to do what Jerry Cooley is saying in his presentation ...

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...61&postcount=1

...about plucked hairs and "what Jahoda suggested" concerning this issue.

So what is Jerry Cooley saying about this issue in his presentation?

But - wait - what said Dr. Gho concerning this issue more than 12 years ago?

Dr. Gho explained what Dr. J. Cooley mentioned in his presentation 12 years later ... lol

Anyway, what does it mean?
    That means, HOW can I pluck out anagen hairs INCLUDING also at least a part of the important "connective tissue" (= dermal sheath)??

So how can someone accomplish this?
    Right, you need 1) a special needle as well as 2) a 2nd hair shaft, which just serves as a guide in the skin for the special needle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	plucked-hairs-gho.jpg

Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	20609  

Didi, if you don't understand something and have questions why don't you just email HASCI ? They generally are very willing to explain anything you don't understand. I could forward your questions/remarks to them as well but I'm not the 'communication medium' here. Get in contact yourself, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to explain things to you.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJJJrS
    Here's just one problem I see, for example:

If we look at the subsection labelled '1' in the petri dish, which consists of the single-hair grafts, I notice quite a few transections. These were originally 2-hair follicular units and the transected part will likely regenerate regardless, skewing the real regeneration rate.

Iron MAN

Man, always the the same odd story ...

What the hell do you guys still don't understand about TELOGEN hairs??

What you can see in the petri dish (section 1), are basically SINGLE-HAIR-FOLLICLES. But there could also be a few "transected" follicles - but most of these "transected" follicles are, in fact, 2-hair follicles whereby 1 follicle of this "2-hair follicle" is in TELOGEN - which counts for Kristel/Gho simply as "single follicle". And especialy THESE grafts, these grafts produce in the donor area mostly the "no regrowth" sites - but eventually a 2-hair graft in the recipient site (unclear).

JJJrs said the same, Iron man response was very interesting too...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JJJJrS
    Here's just one problem I see, for example:

If we look at the subsection labelled '1' in the petri dish, which consists of the single-hair grafts, I notice quite a few transections. These were originally 2-hair follicular units and the transected part will likely regenerate regardless, skewing the real regeneration rate.

Iron MAN

Man, always the the same odd story ...

What the hell do you guys still don't understand about TELOGEN hairs??

What you can see in the petri dish (section 1), are basically SINGLE-HAIR-FOLLICLES. But there could also be a few "transected" follicles - but most of these "transected" follicles are, in fact, 2-hair follicles whereby 1 follicle of this "2-hair follicle" is in TELOGEN - which counts for Kristel/Gho simply as "single follicle". And especialy THESE grafts, these grafts produce in the donor area mostly the "no regrowth" sites - but eventually a 2-hair graft in the recipient site (unclear).

JJJrs said the same, Iron man response was very interesting too...
    Hehe. If you would be right then the regrowth number in the HASCI test that's going down wednesday, would suck big time Already found a guy to witness the procedure Didi ? And again, maybe you should just visit them yourselves ?

Default Misleading claim #3 ...

"...hairs with bulb would grow normally without preservation medium"

Dr Nigam

Your comments are in line to what all FUE doctors are sayig about HST

I emailed a few well respected doctors and they pretty much said the same thing about transections and petri

These hairs with bulb would grow normaly without preservation medium, it might boost growth but they are essentially FUE grafts

Transecting 2 hair graft and calling it single is definetely misleading
    hmmm, could you please email these "respected doctors" again and ask them for photos of THEIR extracted FUE grafts (or FUT grafts) - so that we are able to compare them with Dr. Gho's grafts in his petri dish ...

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/12643640.jpg

... and whether or not such grafts (even those with the bulbs), as you can see them in Gho's petri dish, will survive in THEIR hands and without a special preservation medium.
    Thanks in advance.

By the way - here is one of these "respected doctors" and this doctor has a BIG problem with the following thing - or rather question ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2013/01/2...-4/#more-11566

Dr. Rassman wrote recently about normal FUE:

"The grafts are pulled from the extraction site once they are cored and this pulling is most often the cause of the denuded distal end of the FUE graft. Almost 100% of FUE grafts lose the fatty covering at the bottom of the graft, exposing the hair follicular bulb to the air around it (this is never present in FUT created grafts). This can be a problem because drying (the number one cause of graft death) is accelerated as the grafts are moved from the donor area to the bath they are stored in, and then from that bath into the recipient area. Meticulous attention to keeping the graft very moist and protecting it from the air in the room is critical to graft survival and this is probably the single largest cause of FUE failures once the graft has been removed from the donor site.

Graft survival:
    The survival of the denuded graft may not be as great as the survival of the FUT manually dissected graft, and there are few scientific studies other than one by Dr. Bradley Wolfe (ISHRS Presentation in October 2012) that demonstrates in his hands on a side by side comparison in a single patient, that graft growth was essentially the same when FUT and FUE were compared.

The denuded graft has always bothered me and every technique gets it when performing an FUE no matter which surgeon does it, and there does not seem to be influence by the commercial instrumentation used. There is one exception to this — when we developed and tested the FUE2 technique and used subdermal tumescence simultaneous with the FUE technique. As you can see on this FUE2 page, the grafts have no denuded distal end.

We have not commercialized this technique at this time and I am personally waiting to see if scientific studies being done now, will shed light on
    the importance of the denuded distal end [PROXIMAL END!! - idiot!] for the FUE graft."

Anyway, so when a "denuded graft", like Dr. Gho's grafts, "bothers" respected doctors like Dr. Rassman - how can such doctors claim that Dr. Gho's extremely 'denuded grafts' with bulb (as you can see them in Gho's petri dish) "would grow normally without preservation medium"??

In simple words - WHY should such extremely "denuded" grafts ...

...grow normally WITHOUT a special preservation medium??

Rassman is clearly saying, that such grafts causes "headaches" and is bothering him extremely ...

Default Misleading claim #4 - DISTAL versus PROXIMAL ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post

We have not commercialized this technique at this time and I am personally waiting to see if scientific studies being done now, will shed light on the importance of the denuded distal end [PROXIMAL END!! - idiot!] for the FUE graft."
    Why did I call Dr. Rassman "idiot"?

To the best of my knowledge, Dr. Rassman is the only doctor on this planet I'm aware of, who calls the hair follicles' PROXIMAL END simply "distal end" and the DISTAL END simply "proximal end" - and doing this, can cause LOTS OF confusion in the hair follicle research field.

Here are the (actually well-known) FACTS ...

The following pic, with the CORRECT labeling of "distal" and "proximal", serves just to clarify this issue once and for all...

In simple words, when Dr. Rassman (and just Dr. Rassman!!) is talking about "distal end", he means, in fact, the PROXIMAL END of the hair follicle!

Just as a side note...

Name:	upper-part-vs-lower-part.jpg

Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	20622   Click image for larger version

Name:	clip_image002.jpg

Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	20623  

Default Misleading claim #5 – SALINE SOLUTION is a good thing ...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Posted by Dr. Ray Woods - 19.06.2012, 03:53

Snippet …

”Dr Gho states that normal saline solution kills 50 to 60% of follicles and tissue due to the ph. And the smaller [the graft], the greater the damage

Can someone please call the WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION and put out an alert that every hospital on earth using normal saline intravenously is KILLING blood cells......and the answer to this crisis is Dr Ghos liquid which is perfectly safe and superior to normal saline and can be injected into the blood stream by the litre..he holds the patent but I am sure every hospital on earth alerted to this new terrifying scenario will order it by the container ship load

In my opinion, Dr Ghos claims are utter BS, and I think every surgeon, anaethetist and ER doc on planet earth would agree”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

… would they agree?

Let me look …

BACKGROUND

RESEARCH

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8694617
    "saline solution caused a significant decline in cell numbers after 24 hours"

According to all these scientific research papers (and I’ve mentioned just a few!) – I don’t think that "every surgeon, anaethetist and ER doc on planet earth would agree"…

Anyway, can someone please call the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC) in Australia, and report them, that there is a hair transplant doctor in Australia, who suggests his patients that “Saline Solution” is a good thing for their extracted hair follicles…

Name:	Saline-1.jpg

Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	20624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saline-2.jpg

Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	20625   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saline-3.jpg

Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	20626   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saline-4.jpg

Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	20627  

Dr Woods is founder of BHT and FUE, bathing grafts in saline solution since 1989 with one of the best yields ...

Hasson and Wong are also using saline solution and they have the most consistent and impresive results, check their website

Gho says saline damages grafts, kills follicles..whereas his 'preservation medium' increases yield by 30-40%.....

Dr Woods is founder of BHT and FUE, bathing grafts in saline solution since 1989 with one of the best yields ...

Hasson and Wong are also using saline solution and they have the most consistent and impresive results, check their website

Gho says saline damages grafts, kills follicles..whereas his 'preservation medium' increases yield by 30-40%.....
    so what ?

Click the below link to enlarge the above pic
    http://www.drnigams.net/images/drgh/DRGCT/Large/1.jpg

http://www.drnigams.net/images/drgh/DRGCT/Large/2.jpg

http://www.drnigams.net/images/drgh/DRGCT/Large/3.jpg

http://www.drnigams.net/images/drgh/DRGCT/Large/4.jpg

http://www.drnigams.net/images/drgh/DRGCT/Large/5.jpg[/QUOTE]

Nice illustration ...now Compare these pictures to grafts in petri dish...???
    Why do we see follicles with bulb when they should be bulbless?

Arashi, what you think?