+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Scarless surgery by Dr Wesley

http://www.drcarloswesley.com/scarless_surgery.html

This sounds similar to HST minus regeneration

According to Spencer Kobren "Every surgery leaves a scar". I wonder how this technique can be scareless? In my personal thoughts I was told by many hair transplant experts and surgeons that every HT surgery leaves scars whether FUT or FUE. I find it very hard to believe that there will be a FUE surgery without any scar? I just don't understand how will it be. It is already March and we still didn't hear any updates. I remember Dr. Wesely mentioned in that he is on target for a follow-up clinical trial using the completed instrument by February of 2013 but didn't hear anything yet. I hope the scareless FUE will be available before 2015 as I am planning to go FUE for my crown.

However a week ago, Dr. Wesely replied with this answer "While the February 2013 date was admittedly a bit overly ambitious, we're performing another cadaveric study in mid March to ensure the consistent creation of the same type of grafts that were used in the initial clinical trail. Once that has been demonstrated consistently and safely, we'll be able to initiate another trial. I've also applied to present all the details surrounding this surgical technique at the October 2013 International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Meeting (in time to help HARIRI's crown!). I look forward to sharing everything with you at that time.

He posted this interesting video as well

https://vimeo.com/56478456

I'm putting a lot of hope on Dr. Wesley breakthrough FUE method as I strongly believe that he is an intelligent surgeon based on his previous interviews with Spencer in the Bald Truth show. I have a feeling that this 2013 ISHRS annual meeting will be loaded by positive stuff. I hope one day, Spencer wont say "once you are cut, you are cut" :-p

Keep on optimistic my hair loss brothers. ;-)

Gho's HST is already "scarless"

It is scarless in the sense that it is not cosmetically visible to the naked eye.

I'm sure under microscope you could find scars on a Dr Gho patient... but who's looking that closely!!!

FUE scars aka white dots are not really an issue unless you planning to shave your head to the skin or with zero guard,

problem with all forms of HTs be it fue or strip is limiteddonor, for example you can harvest 8 000 grafts from safe donor area(which is small area btw) by FUE without scarring but what about donor depletion?

Big Gaps in donor resulting in thin appearence of your harvested area compared to non harvested area

in that case it is better to use razor and shave sides and back and grow hair on top

I really hope that one of the US Bald truth talk members calls in the show tomorrow and ask Spencer about Dr. Wesley's Scareless FUE technique. Maybe he an idea about it or planning to interview him about this breakthrough method.

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    I really hope that one of the US Bald truth talk members calls in the show tomorrow and ask Spencer about Dr. Wesley's Scareless FUE technique. Maybe he an idea about it or planning to interview him about this breakthrough method.
    This is no breakthrough method..Gho has been doing it for years

This IS a breakthrough if it works AND he shares the technique with other doctors so that it becomes the new Gold Standard for FUE.

Gho is greedy and has not shared has method. Also Gho is too expensive and too time consuming for most people who can realistically only afford one or two transplants.

If Wesley's method becomes the new Gold standard for FUE then this is a quantum leap for all of us and who gives a sod what any Gho fan boy has to say.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    This IS a breakthrough if it works AND he shares the technique with other doctors so that it becomes the new Gold Standard for FUE.

Gho is greedy and has not shared has method. Also Gho is too expensive and too time consuming for most people who can realistically only afford one or two transplants.

If Wesley's method becomes the new Gold standard for FUE then this is a quantum leap for all of us and who gives a sod what any Gho fan boy has to say.
    I totally agree with you Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

This is a big improvement to current FUE but it's by no means a breakthrough.
    Anything consist of removing hair from point A to point B without any donor regeneration should not be considered a breakthrough, specially since donor regeneration is the hot topic nowadays.