+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine Question

Does rogaine actually work for any of you guys?? I used it for 5 months a while ago and didn't notice a damn thing. It was a mess to put on so I just stopped.

Could you guys briefly share your experiences with it and tell me how you guys did on it??

Help us understand your type of recession or thinning. What areas for how long?

If you experienced no shedding with rogaine it possible you don't have a good reaction or your thinning is faster than telegene cycle minox is putting your follicles under. At any rate give me a better understanding of your condition I maybe able to offer better advise

Quote Originally Posted by jgold View Post
    Does rogaine actually work for any of you guys??
    Rogaine works in the vertex and mid-anterior areas for most men and all over the scalp for most women. It takes four to six months to find out if Rogaine will work for you. It takes 12 to 18 months to find out how well Rogaine will work for you. Sadly, treating hair loss takes a really long time and there is no way to speed it up.

I have slight recession of the hairline with diffuse thinning on the majority of the top of my head. I would say I have lost about 50% of my hair on the top. I am not sure exactly how much, I am just estimating because it is much thinner and you can see my scalp through the hair in some light and it is much more frizzy on the top (i have curly hair).

It is falling out pretty drastically; every time I run my hands through my hair some always comes out - very thins hairs. I have been balding since around 16-17 and I am 21 now. I have tried propecia twice for about 10 months each time and it helped a lot but I had watery semen and slight erectile problems so I went off of it. I'm thinking of going back on, perhaps maybe only .5 a pill every three days or something like that......

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys, good to know I have some friends helpin me out

I had problems with FIN 1.25 ED I ive dropped it down to .75 EOD and had good results. My suggestion would be to start .5 EOD and print it up to 1mg EOD. If you think everything days would work better do that. Add Minox you might start seeing gains. If all else fails then might look into RU.

Quote Originally Posted by jgold View Post
    I have slight recession of the hairline with diffuse thinning on the majority of the top of my head. I would say I have lost about 50% of my hair on the top.
    Generally, by the time you notice your hair is thinning, you have already lost half of your hair density. With that said, it does take a long time before you would realize appreciable benefits from treating your hair loss.

Rogaine or generic Minoxidil should help on the top of your head but it is not likely to help with your hair line in any meaningful way. Though some men are able to restore some of the hair in their hair lines with Rogaine, most males cannot. The only way to find out if it will help you in your hair line is to try it for at least 12 to 18 months.

I know many men who take Finasteride every other day as apposed to every day simply to save money. They all tell me that doing so is working just as well for them as taking it every day.

How can anybody tell if rogaine is working or not ?
    Rogaine is supposed to grow hair and/or maintain the hair you have.. So even if it does not grow any hair for you, it could be helping maintaining what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    How can anybody tell if rogaine is working or not ?
    Rogaine is supposed to grow hair and/or maintain the hair you have.. So even if it does not grow any hair for you, it could be helping maintaining what you have.
    I think you are missing the point OP is making. OP said rogaine barely help slow his thinning in combination with inconvenience of apply it..

Quote Originally Posted by jlantern View Post
    OP said rogaine barely help slow his thinning in combination with inconvenience of apply it..
    It is important to point out that the OP only used Rogaine for five months, which is probably long enough to tell if it was working for him - but not long enough for him to be able to tell how well it was working for him. Treating hair loss takes a long time - and there is no way to speed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It is important to point out that the OP only used Rogaine for five months, which is probably long enough to tell if it was working for him - but not long enough for him to be able to tell how well it was working for him. Treating hair loss takes a long time - and there is no way to speed it up.
    I agree here. Any regimen should be conducted for a year before making a conclusion.

This is all trial and error