+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default FUE alternatives

I have been reviewing websites on cost per graft, and it seems that this FUE thing is on average 2-3 times more expensive than an ordinary transplant. Would an ordinary HP be ok for the time being (say 5-10 years) until I need another transplant and I have enough money for the FUE treatment?

I presume you mean a hair piece? If so, and yes it is always an option but comes with alot of maintenance and ongoing expense.

If you do go that route, you only want to consider a high quality one and highly advisable to have a bck-up in waiting.

Was your previous procedure FUHT?
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    I presume you mean a hair piece? If so, and yes it is always an option but comes with alot of maintenance and ongoing expense.

If you do go that route, you only want to consider a high quality one and highly advisable to have a bck-up in waiting.

Was your previous procedure FUHT?
    That's not what I meant. What I meant was that on a lot of hair clinic websites there were two options listed for hair transplant surgery, (a) FUE, and (b) non-FUE which is often 2-3 times less expensive. Is the second option really so bad, given that I'm willing to get a second hair transplant down the line if needs be?

Thanks

Non FUE, is FUT aka strip... It's pretty cheap compared to FUE, but with FUT, you will be cut and will have a big smiley face scaron the back of your head.which will prevent you to ever have a short haircut. Having said that, if you fine with the scar, FUT does produce good results in the recipient area.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Non FUE, is FUT aka strip... It's pretty cheap compared to FUE, but with FUT, you will be cut and will have a big smiley face scaron the back of your head.which will prevent you to ever have a short haircut. Having said that, if you fine with the scar, FUT does produce good results in the recipient area.
    Can the scar from FUT ever be gotten rid of of? Also I don't intend to ever keep my hair short, I prefer at least a number 5 haircut and upward

If you never intend to buzz your scalp and wear it longer like myself than FUHT would be a better option IMHO. Why you ask? Because to date, strip still is the front-runner when it comes to overall yields.

I usually recommend FUE for the first time patient who does not have extensive classes of hairloss in their family histories and/or desires to buzz cut their scalps or wear real short hair styles like a military cut.

Yet a much higher percent of us men who suffer from MPB will need more restoration as we pass through the years. Very few individuals can get by with one procedure in their lifetimes. Yes effective hairloss meds buy us time, but they never completely halt the progression of MPB. Hence more work is needed in the future.

And because our donor supplies are limited, the yield factor becomes a very critical part of the overall equation in meeting our individual goals for restoration. This is a big factor why many patients choose FUHT to get the most yield as possible.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

If you never intend to buzz your scalp and wear it longer like myself than FUHT would be a better option IMHO. Why you ask? Because to date, strip still is the front-runner when it comes to overall yields.

I usually recommend FUE for the first time patient who does not have extensive classes of hairloss in their family histories and/or desires to buzz cut their scalps or wear real short hair styles like a military cut.

Yet a much higher percent of us men who suffer from MPB will need more restoration as we pass through the years. Very few individuals can get by with one procedure in their lifetimes. Yes effective hairloss meds buy us time, but they never completely halt the progression of MPB. Hence more work is needed in the future.

And because our donor supplies are limited, the yield factor becomes a very critical part of the overall equation in meeting our individual goals for restoration. This is a big factor why many patients choose FUHT to get the most yield as possible.
    I don't get what you mean by donor supplies, I thought they took hair off other parts of your head and grafted them onto the MPB areas?

Also, how believable is this - hair transplants in Turkey for €1,500?

http://www.maralhairklinik.com/en/ho...FS8r2wod5jAALw

Dav7,

I am referring to the donor region in our scalp.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Dav7,

I am referring to the donor region in our scalp.
    Ah I see, apologies for the confusion. I'm a Norwood 2.5 heading toward a Norwood 3 in the coming years. Somebody in a hair clinic said I would need about "1500 grafts for full cover", would a HP in Turkey or somewhere like that do it for €1,500?