+ Reply to Thread

Default sexual dysfunction without even trying hair loss treatment

I'm 22 and started noticing my hair line receeding this past september. It wasn't really anything bad until one day while gelling my hair, i noticed a hand full of hairs on my hand. it was pretty scary. the next day the same thing and as the weeks went by, my head started itching and thanks to this forum now i know it happens to a few men with mpb. anyway, 2 months ago i started experiencing this pain on the head of my penis. As the pain got progressively worse, so did my erections to the point where i dont get boners without constant physical stimulation along with a severely decreased sex drive. like now can go without masturbating for a week, while 3 months ago, my head would have exploded. I went to a urologist and he said i had urethritist and that, at 22, the cause of my sexual dysfunction had to be psychological. now, i just got propecia and was wondering, should i wait and see if it gets better or should i start propecia? i've been losing hair for the past 7 months. X_X

It might be best to deal with your current problem before starting Propecia, or else it will be difficult to tell whether you're experiencing side effects or not.

Your case is interesting and makes me wonder how often Propecia side effects are psychological.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I think you should focus all of your effort on understanding and overcoming your current sexual health issue, because as Matt said, taking Propecia will just complicate things further.

I'm not really sure what doctors mean when they diagnose the cause as "psychological". Clearly something physical is going on, as you mention pain, so what does it mean to say it's caused by psychology? Seems like a term used whenever people don't understand the cause.

Are you on any other medications that may have caused this issue?

I agree with Matt and Chris.

Go see your doctor ASAP and get the current issue taken care of . I would not take any medication until then.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I think you should focus all of your effort on understanding and overcoming your current sexual health issue, because as Matt said, taking Propecia will just complicate things further.

I'm not really sure what doctors mean when they diagnose the cause as "psychological". Clearly something physical is going on, as you mention pain, so what does it mean to say it's caused by psychology? Seems like a term used whenever people don't understand the cause.

Are you on any other medications that may have caused this issue?
    I wasn't on any medication when it started. I'm taking meds for urethritis now. Ocassionally, when i peed or ejaculated, I would also feel pain somewhere inside, which mostly stopped. Like i would literally feel the liquid hitting that certain spot. The pain on the head is still lingering though. Before taking meds, i'd feel the pain here and there throughout the day. Now, it's just when i masturbate, especifically when i add pressure to that point. My libido is relatively nonexistant and boners aren't nearly as strong. I mean. It might be psychological. There weren't any guys under like 50 at the urologist and i might be associating the pain with sexual disatisfaction. What sucks about an injury to the penis is that it takes a really long time to heal. He told me to come back in 2 months if things dont get better. X_X