+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Hard to tell but I would guess yes if it runs in your family. Have you not got older pictures you can compare with? Keep an eye on it.
    Looking at pictures from 3 years ago, the temple areas become more "rounded". Here's a pic from 3 years ago (I was 17) hopefully you'll understand what I mean
    http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4998/wswsws.png

Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    I'm 20 years old. I have been really, really stressed out about this for a year now. I used to shave my head for 2 years then I immediately after grew my hair long. I finally got a proper hair cut, and I've noticed just how much the hair at my temples are behind.

I have to say though I always had a higher hairline but I didn't realise it untill now. Mbp does run in my family. On both sides. My dad, both grandparents, and two out of my three uncles are bald. Only one uncle (my dad's brother) isn't. Both my dad's younger brother and my mom's brother are bald. The funny thing is my dad's maternal family, NO one lost hair. Not one uncle.

Anyway, my dad said when he was my age, his hair was noticeably thin and that I have a lot more hair than he did at my age. I look at my mom and my sister and their temples kind of go in the way mine does but recently I've been seeing hair fall out when I never used to see hair fall out. Its freaking me out. I'm becoming so self conscious about it.

If I am experiencing balding, what can I do to STOP it? I still have a lot of hair as it is, so I just want to keep what I have before it's too late. Thanks.

Album: http://imageshack.us/g/1/10060385/

If you mom and sister have the exact same hairline, then this probably just your normal hairline and not balding. I have a friend at work who has tons of hair, yet her hairline is probably a little higher than yours and she is certainly not going bald, far from it.

You should keep taking pictures and compare this photos with newer one's say in 6 months or so from now. You also need to take pictures of the back of your head- if you start seeing thinning in that area then it is mpb. If you can, ask your mom's brother and other balding relatives when it started with them.

I'd hop right on fin to maintain, go reputable online if you want to bypass seeing a doc.

The truth is it would be a success if you can just slow it down. Preventing further loss is a miracle, even with finasteride+minoxidil. I'm not saying there no cases where a user has no further loss, or even regrow hair. It just seems like in the real world, from real people giving their take on it, all that combination does is slow down the hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    The truth is it would be a success if you can just slow it down. Preventing further loss is a miracle, even with finasteride+minoxidil. I'm not saying there no cases where a user has no further loss, or even regrow hair. It just seems like in the real world, from real people giving their take on it, all that combination does is slow down the hair loss.
    Some guys seem to slow it down to a VERY slow pace. I've spoken to many who began taking Finasteride back in the 90s and their hair hasn't changed. That's a pretty long time.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com