+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

oh just **** off with this shit.

black tea? are you ****ing kidding me?

jesus ****ing christ.

Tea studies have always been very contradictory.

One thing I dont get. Why would herbal dht inhibitors be any safer than pills if they have the same effect?

I am sorry am I missing something? It says black tea extract, it shouldn't be the same thing with drinking black tea right? Are talking about pills or topical here? I don't think it will make a difference to drink a lot of plain black tea.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samdee View Post
    Hello guys,

We all know the famous study done in Harvard which concluded that black tea does reduce DHT level, even somewhat more than propecia. The argument then was, "Is there a difference between black tea and propecia?". People have said, although they both reduce dht and have similar functions, it's where they're different that matter.

This new study, perhaps, is starting to show otherwise. What are your thoughts!??
    In many cases it doesn't hurt to try natural alternatives. For instance Valium (diazepam) has been compared to the natural alternative,Valerian Root. It's believed that both Valium and Valerian Root work by increasing gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain thereby reducing anxiety. My wife bought some Valerian Root years ago and it does have a calming effect. You just have to get past the odor. The capsules smell like dirty socks.

In Georgia we have a weed some people eat that grows everywhere in the Spring and Summer called the Poke Weed. It's so high in Vitamin A, it's recommended you boil it three times to avoid Vitamin A overdose. American Indians have traditionally used the leaves of the plant as a wound dressing. One Website I found warns against eating the plant because there is a naturally occurring toxic chemical in the leaves.

Needless to say, there's a lot of conflicting information to sift through on the Internet.

Identical twin studies help in the evaluation of hair loss meds and treatments. As far as black tea extract... who knows, it may help a little. Every proven med and topical seems to help just a little and that's a source of frustration for men with MPB.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I'll just copy/past my post from the other forum:

This is study is promoted by a website (hairloss research) that sells those tea extract supplements.

Seriously, comparing a very potent drug with natural tea extract and claiming the tea will be more powerful is just ridiculous.

As someone else said in this topic, if you are going to inhibit DHT, no matter what you use to do it, the side-effects will be the same. Saw palmetto causes the same sides as finasteride for example.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    In many cases it doesn't hurt to try natural alternatives. For instance Valium (diazepam) has been compared to the natural alternative,Valerian Root. It's believed that both Valium and Valerian Root work by increasing gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain thereby reducing anxiety. My wife bought some Valerian Root years ago and it does have a calming effect. You just have to get past the odor. The capsules smell like dirty socks.

In Georgia we have a weed some people eat that grows everywhere in the Spring and Summer called the Poke Weed. It's so high in Vitamin A, it's recommended you boil it three times to avoid Vitamin A overdose. American Indians have traditionally used the leaves of the plant as a wound dressing. One Website I found warns against eating the plant because there is a naturally occurring toxic chemical in the leaves.

Needless to say, there's a lot of conflicting information to sift through on the Internet.

Identical twin studies help in the evaluation of hair loss meds and treatments. As far as black tea extract... who knows, it may help a little. Every proven med and topical seems to help just a little and that's a source of frustration for men with MPB.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Valium is actually synthesize from Valerian.

As far as black tea is concerned, I have a lot of friends in England, most in their 30's, who drink about 10 cups of black tea a day. Just as my Stateside friends, half of them are bald or balding.

Yeah I dont really buy into this either. Its too biased since they are trying to sell you this supplement, and until we see better studies in humans getting same results its an insult to compare this to finasteride. Evidence is where the supplements always seem to fall short

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Yeah I dont really buy into this either. Its too biased since they are trying to sell you this supplement, and until we see better studies in humans getting same results its an insult to compare this to finasteride. Evidence is where the supplements always seem to fall short
    Google is working to reduce the deceptive promotion of ineffective products. Fake five-star ratings are one area of Google's focus. A scamster for instance could put together an offshore Internet business selling a hair loss cure made from lizard tail extract. The scamster hires hundreds of writers to saturate search results with glowing product reviews. The unfavorable reviews take months to filter in. The scamster's goal is to make as much money as possible within the window of opportunity created.

On the opposite end, a great product or service can get blasted by unfavorable reviews from an unscrupulous competitor.

forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1070 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011