+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has anyone used Latisse/Bim off-label/on their hair?

Being as you can get it for cheaper off-label or generic(or at least that's what I've read) has anyone here actually done so?

I haven't seen many experimenters for the drug, minus a few that mixed it with minoxidil.

so has anyone used JUST BIM or at least used it LONG after they've seen the full effects of Min/fin together(as in you've been on fin for a year+ and then started on bim?)

I may be interested in trying it out. Although I do believe it's at a much weaker dose than what is being trialed for hairloss.

Just to add, from what I've read, the few that have tried it seem to have solid results on thinning/vellus hairs, as it thickens them for a few, but again very few people have actually tried it properly.

I really don't know why people are waiting for this to pass inspection. I understand it's protocol but we are certain this works, to what degree, we will know once phase II is over. Either way, aren't the best feedbacks the clients feedbacks?

Anyways, my point is doctors should start using this instead of waiting on the 2-5 year bull shit to come to life.

Quote Originally Posted by samdee View Post
    I really don't know why people are waiting for this to pass inspection. I understand it's protocol but we are certain this works, to what degree, we will know once phase II is over. Either way, aren't the best feedbacks the clients feedbacks?

Anyways, my point is doctors should start using this instead of waiting on the 2-5 year bull shit to come to life.
    There are a few problems:

You can only get 3ml bottles, even at 10$ a pop which is generic, you're gonna need to spend 100-150$ a month!

The second major problem is the % they use for the scalp in the trials, It's apparently much bigger, which could make a massive difference in efficacy.

Still, for the few that have used Latisse from what i've read, they've experienced at least minor success for those that could afford it, but very few have actually tried. A google search brings back very little for the past few years, so it's a bit up in the air which IMO is surprising considering so many like to try grey market products.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    The second major problem is the % they use for the scalp in the trials, It's apparently much bigger, which could make a massive difference in efficacy.
    I agree with this. I have heard different stories regarding it, but it sounds more promising then just another treatment.

Some results Ive found around the internet(using 0.03% solution), obviously cant trust them 100% but they seem legit:

http://www.*****************/interact...lergan-Lumigan ----> experienced growth after 3-4 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZaK...e_gdata_player -----> video of guy experiencing minor growth after 3 months(dont think he was even using enough)

numerous other posts mention some form of growth, and this is at a very low % solution. ridiculous how much this stuff costs though(2-3000$ for a year's supply)

Give us the Phase II results already!!

When should the Phase II results be done?

Quote Originally Posted by eqvist View Post
    When should the Phase II results be done?
    Phase II finish a few months ago, results should be in within a month or two I'd hope.

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    numerous other posts mention some form of growth, and this is at a very low % solution. ridiculous how much this stuff costs though(2-3000$ for a year's supply)
    Hmm, I'm thinking that the 'next gen' hair loss treatments are going to be unaffordable for the majority when bought over the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Hmm, I'm thinking that the 'next gen' hair loss treatments are going to be unaffordable for the majority when bought over the counter.
    I believe they are attempting to make it cheaper, I understand the cost for eyelashes because you need to use so little.

But hair wise 3ml for 10$ is ridiculous.

The final product will most likely be a 1-3% mixture, 100ml or something for a 50-70 bucks like Minoxidil. Although that's just me guessing, Allergans really needs to release some results.

In the mean time I actually may try this stuff for a month, some experienced thickening after 2 weeks or so.