+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Permanently removing transplants

I'm 41 and at a naive age of 25 I received a small number of hair grafts from NuHart, to create a front hairline. I never followed up with additional grafts due to the desired effect never being achieved. Needless to say, they look horrible now and it affects my life greatly. I have minimal information, but wanted to know my best options to having them removed permanently. I'm mostly bald now and just want to shave my head, and put this horrible part of my life behind me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Sonn it seems many have had success using either fue to remove them or laser.

What about scaring? Can anyone suggest a Dr in PA area?

Electrolysis can remove unwanted hair. Do that. Its cheap and almost 100% guaranteed. I swear I wrote this already.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Electrolysis can remove unwanted hair. Do that. Its cheap and almost 100% guaranteed. I swear I wrote this already.
    Isn't it dead expensive? Plus the hair can come back right? If not, I would like to do this on areas of my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    Isn't it dead expensive? Plus the hair can come back right? If not, I would like to do this on areas of my body.
    Its true that I dont know. I have only read about it. I would also like to remove some chest hair.

I think its ironic we are trying to keep or transplant hair on one place and get rid of it in others. I think its the curse of aging men

This is why I am keeping a vigil for body hair transplants to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully the next generation will have that option avail to them being as productive as scalp hair

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Its true that I dont know. I have only read about it. I would also like to remove some chest hair.

I think its ironic we are trying to keep or transplant hair on one place and get rid of it in others. I think its the curse of aging men

This is why I am keeping a vigil for body hair transplants to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully the next generation will have that option avail to them being as productive as scalp hair
    Tell me about it man...I'm starting to develop back hair, I am incredibly pissed off about that I'm 22!!! Losing my head hair and developing more hair everywhere else...

What about scaring? Can anyone suggest a Dr in PA area?
    You tried that as you wrote you went to Nuhart. So please explain the logic of limiting yourself to location once again?

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    The expense of electrolysis varies by market. Electrolysis is permanent. Though the follicles may need to be treated more than once, once the follicle is dead it will no longer produce hair. Many women get electrolysis, especially as we get older and facial hair starts sneaking in on us. I hated plucking my eye brows, so I had them done permanently with electrolysis. A male concerned about back/body hair will obviously have much larger areas to treat - and the expense will go up accordingly.

Another option is laser hair reduction, if you are a good candidate (very dark hair and very light skin). Though laser hair reduction is not permanent, it can be a lot faster and a bit less expensive. You just need to keep in mind that you will have to go back for more treatments every few years.

Topcat...excellent point....any suggested doctors at all then?