Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonn
    • Mar 2013

Permanently removing transplants

I'm 41 and at a naive age of 25 I received a small number of hair grafts from NuHart, to create a front hairline. I never followed up with additional grafts due to the desired effect never being achieved. Needless to say, they look horrible now and it affects my life greatly. I have minimal information, but wanted to know my best options to having them removed permanently. I'm mostly bald now and just want to shave my head, and put this horrible part of my life behind me. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • topcat
    • May 2009

Sonn it seems many have had success using either fue to remove them or laser.

Comment

• Sonn
      • Mar 2013

What about scaring? Can anyone suggest a Dr in PA area?

Comment

• drybone
        • Dec 2012

Electrolysis can remove unwanted hair. Do that. Its cheap and almost 100% guaranteed. I swear I wrote this already.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by drybone
          Electrolysis can remove unwanted hair. Do that. Its cheap and almost 100% guaranteed. I swear I wrote this already.
          Isn't it dead expensive? Plus the hair can come back right? If not, I would like to do this on areas of my body.

Comment

• drybone
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
            Isn't it dead expensive? Plus the hair can come back right? If not, I would like to do this on areas of my body.
            Its true that I dont know. I have only read about it. I would also like to remove some chest hair.

I think its ironic we are trying to keep or transplant hair on one place and get rid of it in others. I think its the curse of aging men

This is why I am keeping a vigil for body hair transplants to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully the next generation will have that option avail to them being as productive as scalp hair

Comment

• Breaking Bald
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by drybone
              Its true that I dont know. I have only read about it. I would also like to remove some chest hair.

I think its ironic we are trying to keep or transplant hair on one place and get rid of it in others. I think its the curse of aging men

This is why I am keeping a vigil for body hair transplants to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully the next generation will have that option avail to them being as productive as scalp hair
              Tell me about it man...I'm starting to develop back hair, I am incredibly pissed off about that I'm 22!!! Losing my head hair and developing more hair everywhere else...

Comment

• topcat
                • May 2009

What about scaring? Can anyone suggest a Dr in PA area?
                You tried that as you wrote you went to Nuhart. So please explain the logic of limiting yourself to location once again?

Comment

• Tracy C
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                  The expense of electrolysis varies by market. Electrolysis is permanent. Though the follicles may need to be treated more than once, once the follicle is dead it will no longer produce hair. Many women get electrolysis, especially as we get older and facial hair starts sneaking in on us. I hated plucking my eye brows, so I had them done permanently with electrolysis. A male concerned about back/body hair will obviously have much larger areas to treat - and the expense will go up accordingly.

Another option is laser hair reduction, if you are a good candidate (very dark hair and very light skin). Though laser hair reduction is not permanent, it can be a lot faster and a bit less expensive. You just need to keep in mind that you will have to go back for more treatments every few years.

Comment

• Sonn
                    • Mar 2013

Topcat...excellent point....any suggested doctors at all then?

Comment

• topcat
                      • May 2009

Hey Sonn that is a very difficult question to answer as I believe there are less than a handful of truly talented doctors in the world that offer the complete package of skill, ethics and a caring attitude. All very important to me.

Dr. Bisanga was at the top of my list for the longest time but I didn’t think I could travel to Brussels. I’m not a traveler and it was out of my comfort zone. But I’m also the type of person that likes to put myself in a position where I am forced to follow through. I’m not sure if you know what I mean but an example would be telling several people I’m going to do something as a way of having to follow up on it as I always keep my word, just something that is important to me. So luckily I was able to put myself in a position where I had to go to Brussels and it has been life changing for me in many ways. I always tell people don’t make location an issue but I also would be the first to understand it’s not always quite so easy. But like anything else once you do it you say to yourself wow that was easy why was I so afraid.

I think there are some talented doctors here in the States for removing grafts by way of fue but I also think from my experiences they may be lacking in other areas. But maybe that has changed as people do change and sometimes for the better but at this point I can’t say for sure.

As far as the laser advice I really don’t know enough about them to even give any advice but the poster StevieR seems to have done quite a bit of investigative work regarding them so maybe look for a few of his postings.

Comment

• Sonn
                        • Mar 2013

Thanks for the info. I'm not opposed to travel, although I don't see Brussels in my future. I'm just trying to find a caring and skilled doctor, since this has been bothering me for years and I finally want to do something about it. Before and after pics would sure help, but I'm not locating any

Comment

• topcat
                          • May 2009

I have seen a few cases from Cole posted on the forums over the years where fue was use to extract the old plugs and some of those results were very good. But as you can imagine that is a long process probably requiring more patience than the patience required by guys who are waiting for hair to grow from transplant procedures. But like the old saying goes a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Maybe search some of the other forums for those cases as they may not be listed here.

Best of luck, keep researching and if I can be of any help just let me know.

LOL.........BTW I know what you mean I said the same thing to myself about going all the way to Brussels just didn't seem like a possibility but now it's a piece of cake.

Comment

• Sonn
                            • Mar 2013

Much appreciated and if you have any other thought please let me know

Comment

• topcat
                              • May 2009

You should take a look at a patient on HLH that posts under the name jonzi

It's one of the better results that I have seen but like I wrote it is a long road.

It doesn't mean you are going to travel to Belgium but it's good to see what is possible as possibilities and hope is what keeps us all going regardless of the issue.

Comment

Working...