+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey Sonn that is a very difficult question to answer as I believe there are less than a handful of truly talented doctors in the world that offer the complete package of skill, ethics and a caring attitude. All very important to me.

Dr. Bisanga was at the top of my list for the longest time but I didn’t think I could travel to Brussels. I’m not a traveler and it was out of my comfort zone. But I’m also the type of person that likes to put myself in a position where I am forced to follow through. I’m not sure if you know what I mean but an example would be telling several people I’m going to do something as a way of having to follow up on it as I always keep my word, just something that is important to me. So luckily I was able to put myself in a position where I had to go to Brussels and it has been life changing for me in many ways. I always tell people don’t make location an issue but I also would be the first to understand it’s not always quite so easy. But like anything else once you do it you say to yourself wow that was easy why was I so afraid.

I think there are some talented doctors here in the States for removing grafts by way of fue but I also think from my experiences they may be lacking in other areas. But maybe that has changed as people do change and sometimes for the better but at this point I can’t say for sure.

As far as the laser advice I really don’t know enough about them to even give any advice but the poster StevieR seems to have done quite a bit of investigative work regarding them so maybe look for a few of his postings.

Thanks for the info. I'm not opposed to travel, although I don't see Brussels in my future. I'm just trying to find a caring and skilled doctor, since this has been bothering me for years and I finally want to do something about it. Before and after pics would sure help, but I'm not locating any

I have seen a few cases from Cole posted on the forums over the years where fue was use to extract the old plugs and some of those results were very good. But as you can imagine that is a long process probably requiring more patience than the patience required by guys who are waiting for hair to grow from transplant procedures. But like the old saying goes a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Maybe search some of the other forums for those cases as they may not be listed here.

Best of luck, keep researching and if I can be of any help just let me know.

LOL.........BTW I know what you mean I said the same thing to myself about going all the way to Brussels just didn't seem like a possibility but now it's a piece of cake.

Much appreciated and if you have any other thought please let me know

You should take a look at a patient on HLH that posts under the name jonzi

It's one of the better results that I have seen but like I wrote it is a long road.

It doesn't mean you are going to travel to Belgium but it's good to see what is possible as possibilities and hope is what keeps us all going regardless of the issue.

I'll take a look. Maybe I'll try posting some pics to get your opinion/thoughts.

Any suggestions on getting these permanently removed and scars fixed. Don't even mind living with the donor scar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	19979  

try asking @

www slybald guys com

why would anyone do a surgical procedure to remove grafts , when its going to leave a mark for each follicle extracted and its going to be expensive.

why not just do electrolysis to kill the hair follicle, leaving no scar, and expending far less .

There are even home kits now.

It makes no common sense to seek out a surgeon for something like this. Unless you plan to move the grafts to another spot.

Yes I agree electrolysis would seem like the simple solution but from what I have read over the years for most that have had unsightly grafts placed into their hairline this doesn't seem to be a viable option for some reason. Now that lasers are available maybe that has changed and this might be a better option depending on the case. It could be due to the cobblestoning or pitting which electrolysis does not address but I'm not sure.