+ Reply to Thread

Default Rogaine acting less like a mousse?

I remember using rogaine months ago and once it was dry I would be able to run my hand through my hair and it would stick up like I had mousse in it, and it would give it volume. in other words - easy to style with and would keep the hair in place.

Now, once it dries my hair its like theres no product in there...no mousse feeling - less volume. hard to style/hair doesnt stay in place.

anyone else experiencing this? Maybe its just the batch I have.

for those who might theorize my hair is the thing thats changed, not the rogaine, i dont think its become much thinner/less dense, dont think its changed much at all.

Rogaine foam was never intended to be used as a moose. The medicine needs to be messaged into your scalp. Maybe the formula has been changed to make it easier to get the medicine to the scalp where it needs to be.

I have been using Rogaine foam for a few years now and I have never used it as a moose - nor have I expected to be able to use it as moose.

Thanks for the reply -
    I know its a hair loss medication and not a styling product -

I am saying that I was able to use it as a styling product as well in the past. It doesnt seem to do the same thing as it used to. my hair is pretty much the same.

ive seen other people post on here that it doubles nicely as a styling product too - so im seeing if anyone else is noticing what i am.

Rogaines inactive ingredients and mousse have largely the same ingredients Tracy:

butane, isobutane, polysorbate, propane...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Rogaine foam was never intended to be used as a moose. The medicine needs to be messaged into your scalp. Maybe the formula has been changed to make it easier to get the medicine to the scalp where it needs to be.

I have been using Rogaine foam for a few years now and I have never used it as a moose - nor have I expected to be able to use it as moose.
    Hi Tracy.

Do other women use rogaine? I assume its been effective for you as you have continued use.

In your opinion does it work better / worse or the same as men?

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Do other women use rogaine?
    Many women use Rogaine. Unfortunately many women need to use Rogaine. Women's hair loss is much more common than folks realize. It's like 1 in 4 women suffer with it.

Personally, I think Rogaine and generic Minoxidil work better for women than for men. It kind of makes sense that it would since women have a lot less DHT running through their bodies.

Yes I've noticed this also. I think it happened when they changed to the new silver bottles, they must have changed the formula slightly too.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
    Yes I've noticed this also. I think it happened when they changed to the new silver bottles, they must have changed the formula slightly too.
    Thank you! im not crazy haha. I think youre right, must have changed the formula a bit when they came out with the new look bottles

A thought just occured, I've heard that Kirkland Minoxidils formula is the exact same as Rogaine and a while back they started making their own foam. Shouldn't this mean that their foam has the same mousse like styling properties as the old Rogaine Foam? Might pick some up next time and see if it's any better. I really don't like the new Rogaine Foam.