+ Reply to Thread

Default Reduced Minox Facial Puff Successfully

I thought I would share some of my limited experience with minox.

When I first started using it, I was using 1mL of rogaine foam in the morning and 1mL lipogaine before bed. This produced a good deal of facial swelling and subsequent dark circles under the eyes.

To correct this I did a few things. First I stepped down the dosage to .5mL in the morning and 1mL before bed.

I then increased my daily intake of water significantly. As many of you already know, water helps flush the system out and if you are a grown male, you need a minimum of some 8-12 cups per day or 8-ish 8oz servings. This helped more than anything. Many posts will suggest using a diuretic or a water pill. That may work fine as well but, I have read that messing with your natural kidney function can be dangerous. The advice I received from a doctor was to examine my water intake before attempting to change my diuretics.

Another important factor was improving my diet and activity level. Combined with the flushing from water, improving metabolic rate and nutrients received from diet is the best way to improve skin and overall health.

In an attempt to repair any damage done, I added some facial creams, washes and moisturizers to my routine. I found some very good products from the company Roc that seem to be working well. There is plenty of information out there for men concerning skin care. The main points to take away would be these. Find a good wash that has an abrasiveness that matches your skin sensitivity, a good eye cream, a good face moisturizer and an after-shave cream. Some or all of these should contain E vitamins and retin/retinol. Again, those who are interested can find a wealth of information out there.

One last thing. Try not to mind F yourself. There are a lot of alarmist on forums like these who provide knee jerk reactions and exaggerated reports of side effects. It can be very easy for a person to convince themselves that they are experiencing these sides. Take a look at some old pictures that were taken while not on minox and compare them to current pictures taken while on it. It may provide some piece of mind.

I'm very glad that I am able to continue using minox as I have small hairs sprouting. I would encourage anyone who is experiencing adverse effects to try out a few things such as those listed above before dropping it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceuppercut View Post
    I thought I would share some of my limited experience with minox.

When I first started using it, I was using 1mL of rogaine foam in the morning and 1mL lipogaine before bed. This produced a good deal of facial swelling and subsequent dark circles under the eyes.

To correct this I did a few things. First I stepped down the dosage to .5mL in the morning and 1mL before bed.

I then increased my daily intake of water significantly. As many of you already know, water helps flush the system out and if you are a grown male, you need a minimum of some 8-12 cups per day or 8-ish 8oz servings. This helped more than anything. Many posts will suggest using a diuretic or a water pill. That may work fine as well but, I have read that messing with your natural kidney function can be dangerous. The advice I received from a doctor was to examine my water intake before attempting to change my diuretics.

Another important factor was improving my diet and activity level. Combined with the flushing from water, improving metabolic rate and nutrients received from diet is the best way to improve skin and overall health.

In an attempt to repair any damage done, I added some facial creams, washes and moisturizers to my routine. I found some very good products from the company Roc that seem to be working well. There is plenty of information out there for men concerning skin care. The main points to take away would be these. Find a good wash that has an abrasiveness that matches your skin sensitivity, a good eye cream, a good face moisturizer and an after-shave cream. Some or all of these should contain E vitamins and retin/retinol. Again, those who are interested can find a wealth of information out there.

One last thing. Try not to mind F yourself. There are a lot of alarmist on forums like these who provide knee jerk reactions and exaggerated reports of side effects. It can be very easy for a person to convince themselves that they are experiencing these sides. Take a look at some old pictures that were taken while not on minox and compare them to current pictures taken while on it. It may provide some piece of mind.

I'm very glad that I am able to continue using minox as I have small hairs sprouting. I would encourage anyone who is experiencing adverse effects to try out a few things such as those listed above before dropping it completely.
    Hey thanks for the water tip. I drink it most of the time now anyway for weight loss. But if it helps, I will drink more. I also found that cutting down on my minox usage really helped me. I was using way too much because it was working, but found that I can get by with just once a day.

I know what you mean about the fear of side effects. I am so frustrated right now as I can tell I am gradually losing ground. I have a new supply of propecia but scared to take it because I used it about 10 years ago, had much better than expected results- but stopped after about 4 years because of sides. But not even sure it was entirely propecia's fault at this point - because I have had propecia sides 2x now about 5 years apart and the second time I was not even using it But I get on the boards and see others saying the same thing so kinda deadlocked on what to do.
    Your mind can really control you if you let it...

How long into treatment did you start to notice the facial side effects? I felt like it came slowly and before i know it by 6 months i looked like a basketball.

It was in the second or third month.

Ok, and your saying now you literally get no side effects? No under eye circles, dry skin etc? Might have to give this a try

Quote Originally Posted by pafc66 View Post
    Ok, and your saying now you literally get no side effects? No under eye circles, dry skin etc? Might have to give this a try
    No, I'm sorry if I mislead you. As the title says, I reduced the swelling and water retention though flushing and working out. It has accentuated my eczema somewhat and I do notice some droop in my face. However, I am 31 years old and that all might be natural signs of aging.

I think if I had to give advice to someone thinking of trying minox or fin for the first time, I would tell them to take a whole body approach. I would rather be in great shape, healthy looking and bald than be fat, and sickly with a full head of hair. And that's how I've come to see minox. It's just a small piece of a long list of things I need to do in order to maintain myself.