major shed...possible cause propecia to proscar???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elnino
    • Sep 2012

major shed...possible cause propecia to proscar???

hi all,

i go through some sheds on propecia which is normal i think but ive switched to proscar(cutting into fifths) and am currently going through a massive shed,im literally losing a load of hair after every shower and when i rub my hands through it. so worried is it possible the proscar is the cause??that its not as effective?? but its the same ingredient. i feel any progress with propecia is being eradicated in the last few weeks. i just hope it stops soon, if not i know my pre propecia days are well and try on their way and il continue balding.
  • mattj
    Doctor Representative
    • Oct 2009

On the face of it it seems unlikely that switching from one version of a drug to another would trigger a shed, but I've heard about it happening so I believe it's possible.

Is the Proscar the same brand as the Propecia you were taking?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Does not seem likely, but with medications anything is possible. It is certainly true that the same medication can effect people differently. I really wish we had a better option for prevention of hair loss because I am not a big fan of taking any medications.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• elnino
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mattj
        On the face of it it seems unlikely that switching from one version of a drug to another would trigger a shed, but I've heard about it happening so I believe it's possible.

Is the Proscar the same brand as the Propecia you were taking?
        im taking chibret proscar which is a merck brand i think but its generic proscar should still be fine? i only did it as propecia was too expensive and i did my research and people on proscar said no difference. its a big shed im experiencing. yor saying youve heard of sheds from propecia to proscar??

Comment

Working...