+ Reply to Thread

Default What else should I do??

Hi everyone this is my first post after lurking in the shadows for a while.
    Ok I'm 30yrs old, I noticed my hair thinning around the age of 23/24 and started using rogaine/minoxidil (which I think helped) and been using it since. But the last few years I've noticed more thinning and I don't think it's helping me anymore.
    So a bit over a year ago I tried propecia to help with the extra hair loss and about 5months into it I started to get watery semen a low libido and trouble maintaining a solid erection. So I stopped the propecia and slowly thing got back to normal kinda (still have a little trouble getting a rock hard erection like I use to) btw I didn't see any noticeable results.
    I also have Crohn's disease which I was diagnosed in 2011 which I think with the meds (immune suppressants) has helped accelerate my hairloss. Or maybe I'm just noticing it more.
    My questions are what else can I do to help with my hair loss? Don't want to take propecia/finasteride again, too scared about the side effects and worried the second time around they will be permanent.
    Is a hair transplant my only other option?
    Is it gonna be a waste of time and money if I have HT without taking propecia/finasteride?
    Also will being on immune suppressants help my chance of keeping all my new transplanted hairs?

This is in the bathroom with towel dry hair with the heat lamps on
    What Norwood No. Am I?
    Sorry for all the questions
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg

Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	19781  

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

You may want to consider Saw Palmetto which is a supplement that has been labeled a natural DHT blocker or Low Level Laser Therapy. These are both non invasive preventative options. Is your Crohn's currently under control? Which meds do they have you on?
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    You may want to consider Saw Palmetto which is a supplement that has been labeled a natural DHT blocker or Low Level Laser Therapy. These are both non invasive preventative options. Is your Crohn's currently under control? Which meds do they have you on?
    Thank for you input do you have recommendations on which brand and what dosage to take? Yeah it's kinda just gotten under control recently. I'm taking Humira (adalimumab) which I inject fortnightly and Imuran (azathioprine) which I take daily but will stop taking imuran in the next month if all goes well.