+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    There is nothing wrong with wearing hair if it helps you feel better about yourself.
    This may seem weird or silly, but for me it would only fix half of the problem. Yes no one on the outside world would think I was balding, but I would know. Part of the problem with MPB is my own insecure feelings about it-like I am slowing losing control over myself.

With added hair I would always know It was not my hair and I would know I still had mpb. But meds or even HT it is still my own real hair. Years ago when I was on both minox and propecia I got to the point that I felt like I no longer had mpb as most of it was gone. The worrying and stress just thinking about it all the time was gone as well. Weird,I know but that is how I felt.

Long post, sorry.

I'm living everyone here's worst nightmare at 31, I was living it at 28. We all know it makes a difference, it changes everything. The most unappealing man in the world is the balding middle-aged white man, so yeah, it makes a huge difference. I can tell you from experience that there is nothing worse in life than the loss of self-confidence, which is exactly what happens, but what makes it worse is it's a forever process. Knowing that I will never have hair again is a real kick in the guts. The only people who understand are the same ones you hate because you don't want to be like them, which makes this post rather useless as "who cares what he says he's an old bald dude". Hairloss alone doesn't do this but the pieces around it can, like if you have other issues, it's just the final nail in the coffin.

Unfortunately there is no real way around it except for the limited options you all know about. I don't see a big deal in popping a few pills everyday if it keeps ones hair as people have to do stuff like that for many reasons, so to me it's a no biggie, I would of done it if I knew.

I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to anything that re-grows hair, I doubt we will ever see that day in our lifetime, which blows for people like me. I think the best news was last year when they found that follicles don't die, instead permanently resting, so there is hope there I guess. Sigh. I was thinking about permanently removing the rest of my hair when I read that and I thought "oh, maybe one day". I don't understand the % coverage people talk about as I think, well if it grows one it should grow them all, but anyway we are not there yet.

I'll tell you what though, if they ever did regrow every hair on every head I have no doubt the economy would pick up. Think of the 8 million men in the UK alone that would be sitting on cloud nine and after being through this mess, I know I would never have a another complaint again.

I've been through a lot in life and losing ones hair is by far the worst. Then again, I never really knew how much I hated it until I started reading these threads.

Oh by the way I have shaved my head since I was 19 and I think I look ok. Never really had any bad feedback or negativity about it outside of family, yeah, my family who gave me the genes but I'm sure I have been talked about behind my back by others, but what can you do. Like others have said I actually got more girls after the shave then before, better quality too. At first it aged me a few years but nothing drastic and now I hold my own, if anything I look a little younger because I stayed in shaped. I'm sure once I start to wrinkle up a bit and gain some weight i'll go back to "older looking" but at some point you do have to just accept im not young anymore. Life really is short, that never really fully sinks in.

I have a young daughter so my only fear about my hair these days is her being teased at school because of me and her listening to bald jokes and comments as she gets older. Sounds silly I know but my ex's new partner has all his hair and about 6" taller and if I ever hear the words "I wish he was my real father" I think I might just spontaneously combust.

Long post, sorry.

I'm living everyone here's worst nightmare at 31, I was living it at 28. We all know it makes a difference, it changes everything. The most unappealing man in the world is the balding middle-aged white man, so yeah, it makes a huge difference. I can tell you from experience that there is nothing worse in life than the loss of self-confidence, which is exactly what happens, but what makes it worse is it's a forever process. Knowing that I will never have hair again is a real kick in the guts. The only people who understand are the same ones you hate because you don't want to be like them, which makes this post rather useless as "who cares what he says he's an old bald dude". Hairloss alone doesn't do this but the pieces around it can, like if you have other issues, it's just the final nail in the coffin.

Unfortunately there is no real way around it except for the limited options you all know about. I don't see a big deal in popping a few pills everyday if it keeps ones hair as people have to do stuff like that for many reasons, so to me it's a no biggie, I would of done it if I knew.

I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to anything that re-grows hair, I doubt we will ever see that day in our lifetime, which blows for people like me. I think the best news was last year when they found that follicles don't die, instead permanently resting, so there is hope there I guess. Sigh. I was thinking about permanently removing the rest of my hair when I read that and I thought "oh, maybe one day". I don't understand the % coverage people talk about as I think, well if it grows one it should grow them all, but anyway we are not there yet.

I'll tell you what though, if they ever did regrow every hair on every head I have no doubt the economy would pick up. Think of the 8 million men in the UK alone that would be sitting on cloud nine and after being through this mess, I know I would never have a another complaint again.

I've been through a lot in life and losing ones hair is by far the worst. Then again, I never really knew how much I hated it until I started reading these threads.

Oh by the way I have shaved my head since I was 19 and I think I look ok. Never really had any bad feedback or negativity about it outside of family, yeah, my family who gave me the genes but I'm sure I have been talked about behind my back by others, but what can you do. Like others have said I actually got more girls after the shave then before, better quality too. At first it aged me a few years but nothing drastic and now I hold my own, if anything I look a little younger because I stayed in shaped. I'm sure once I start to wrinkle up a bit and gain some weight i'll go back to "older looking" but at some point you do have to just accept im not young anymore. Life really is short, that never really fully sinks in.

I have a young daughter so my only fear about my hair these days is her being teased at school because of me and her listening to bald jokes and comments as she gets older. Sounds silly I know but my ex's new partner has all his hair and about 6" taller and if I ever hear the words "I wish he was my real father" I think I might just spontaneously combust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    It's really very simple. The main reason is that the majority of balding men do not want to be bothered with doing anything about their hair loss, especially if there is even the slightest possibility that they may experience sexual side effects. The second reason is that many men believe there is absolutely nothing they can do about their hair loss. The are also some men who are so afraid of even the slightest possibility of any side effects at all that they chose not to do anything at all - and simply allow nature to take it's course.
    Propecia has many more side effects besides the sexual ones, as listed here, http://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html.

What about side effects such as brain fog and insomnia, which can affect your studies/job?

Slightest possibility! hahaha, you are kidding right? All kinds of oral drugs should be avoided IMAO, unless its a matter of life death!

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    This may seem weird or silly, but for me it would only fix half of the problem. Yes no one on the outside world would think I was balding, but I would know. Part of the problem with MPB is my own insecure feelings about it-like I am slowing losing control over myself.

With added hair I would always know It was not my hair and I would know I still had mpb. But meds or even HT it is still my own real hair. Years ago when I was on both minox and propecia I got to the point that I felt like I no longer had mpb as most of it was gone. The worrying and stress just thinking about it all the time was gone as well. Weird,I know but that is how I felt.
    This is inspiring. Good for you. Lets hope we can get to this point too

If you look at this link.. it's seems pretty clear that propecia/finasteride definitely works.. some are just propecia.. some are a combination with minox. Unless the site is completely a fake/fraud.. and if it is they've done a pretty good job doctoring the photos... if the photos are real there is no doubt on the drug(s) effectiveness. >>>>>>> http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...atient-photos/

Oh yeah.. notice that's the first page.. there are 5 more pages..

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    This is inspiring. Good for you. Lets hope we can get to this point too

When I have the time-probably tonight, I will post a few before & after pics so you can judge for yourself if propecia really works. It's my subjective opinion so interesting to see what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Slightest possibility! hahaha, you are kidding right? All kinds of oral drugs should be avoided IMAO, unless its a matter of life death!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with holding such a stance. It is your body. Treat it the way you want to treat it. But don't beat up on others who chose differently from you.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Propecia has many more side effects besides the sexual ones, as listed here, http://www.drugs.com/sfx/propecia-side-effects.html.

What about side effects such as brain fog and insomnia, which can affect your studies/job?

I appreciate many of the posts you make, but not this one. You go too far. I understand your frustration in your own experience but it by no means can insinuate others will also suffer your fate.

Those who reap major side effects are 4%, and none of them continue very long trying to cope with the side effects. Their doctors will immediately discontinue the meds.

The other 96% of us are fine with the meds. Tracy is right on this one. You cant just decide meds are the last option in some drastic situation. Its disingenuous to the actual facts

Inactive

Baldozer, I really don't understand you. How can you just accept your shortcomings and move on? You won't put any drugs in your body? I'm willing to do anything to combat my flawed genetics. Duta, accutane, spiro, DNP, etc. Whatever it takes.