Threaded View

Default so whats the deal?

I admit I have little knowledge about the majority of subjects on these threads, but my biggest question is whats the deal with propecia? Does it "slow" hairloss, or "prevent" further hairloss? I understand it "may" cause a sexual side effect but, pffft, what drug doesn't. If it "prevents" further hairloss then why are there so many bald dudes considering it's been around for 20 odd years. If it slows hairloss then whats the point as hairloss is pretty damn slow as it is, and why pump another drug in to your system for a few extra years with hair?

I know some people swear by it as they think it stopped their hair loss but really who knows if it did or didn't? Maybe they were never going bald in the first place? There are loads of men with like a NW1-NW3, it's a common hairline, just like NW4-NW7 and the lucky NW0. Seems like propecia marketing can't really lose no matter what result. Some people swear by acupuncture to relieve pain yet others have proved it to be complete garbage.

I'm not trying to start an argument, was just curious. IMO anything is worth trying, if I knew about it 10 years ago I would of pumped it in to my veins.