+ Reply to Thread

Default New here and losing hair

Hey, I just started losing hair very recently and at first it seemed quite slow. I actually thought maybe my hairline was just maturing. Now I'm unsure of this. I started eating healthy again to see if maybe I can stall it or something and possibly grow a little back although I'm sure that wont work. I also exercise regularly again and try to run at least 3-4 times a week. Anyways I don't have any pictures of my hair right now I will try to get some up to see what you guys think I should do. I am considering hair transplant but I am in a tight spot in life where I'm actually not bringing in very much money etc. In the past I've had a bone marrow transplant. The hair loss started about 2-3 years after that when I was 19 years old but it wasn't significant and in fact it was pretty much unnoticed by everyone but me. Now I'm going to be 22 years old in a month and I can notice it a lot more. I'm not sure what to do and I really don't want to go bald. I don't want to take medication that would affect fertility either so I would like to get as much information on a transplant and the potential cost as I can. Thank you will post pictures as soon as I can.

Hey man, I'm 24. I've been on propecia for about a month now and have no problems whatsoever. My dermatologist told me he's prescribed it to about 50 people over the years and no one ever had a problem with fertilely/libido/etc. In fact the derm himself takes it and told me he had 4 kids while being on it for the last 9 years!

Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Hey, I just started losing hair very recently and at first it seemed quite slow. I actually thought maybe my hairline was just maturing. Now I'm unsure of this. I started eating healthy again to see if maybe I can stall it or something and possibly grow a little back although I'm sure that wont work. I also exercise regularly again and try to run at least 3-4 times a week. Anyways I don't have any pictures of my hair right now I will try to get some up to see what you guys think I should do. I am considering hair transplant but I am in a tight spot in life where I'm actually not bringing in very much money etc. In the past I've had a bone marrow transplant. The hair loss started about 2-3 years after that when I was 19 years old but it wasn't significant and in fact it was pretty much unnoticed by everyone but me. Now I'm going to be 22 years old in a month and I can notice it a lot more. I'm not sure what to do and I really don't want to go bald. I don't want to take medication that would affect fertility either so I would like to get as much information on a transplant and the potential cost as I can. Thank you will post pictures as soon as I can.
    I have been on Propecia for 6 years and not had any problems. To be honest Regain, plus Propecia is the only option to hang on to what you've got. Just talk to unbiased people for advice. There are so many people out there who want to take advantage of people and make money, so be carefull.

0.625 mg/day finasteride for the better part of a month myself. No issues. If you're serious about stopping your hair loss, you'll want to really consider finasteride. The longer you wait, the less hair you'll have to save. But be sure to make an educated decision.