+ Reply to Thread

Default Bad Over-eating and hair loss???

I was wondering if there is a connection between overeating a lot of junk food and hair loss?

The reason I ask is:
    Last night, I just went to a pizza buffet and OVERATE like crazy...I must have eating at least 2 large pizzas, lots of desert, soda, candy, and more pizza. I just had the most fatty fatty pizza with globs of cheese running down the sauced up dough...And then globs of cheese just filling my mouth while Im eating so fast, I dont realize I've been eating for 2 hours and Im just pounding away at food....I must have had a ton of saturated fat , loads of salt, and a plethora of sugar last night....

Also, hair loss depresses me so much, that I feel that so what if I'm eating so much, there is no point to eating healthy anymore, cuz I've lost so much hair...So I just keep overeating on cheesy fatty foods.

Does eating like this make hair loss worse, or is it just DHT? I'm already a Norwood 6, but would rather not go to a Norwood 7 that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I was wondering if there is a connection between overeating a lot of junk food and hair loss?

The reason I ask is:
    Last night, I just went to a pizza buffet and OVERATE like crazy...I must have eating at least 2 large pizzas, lots of desert, soda, candy, and more pizza. I just had the most fatty fatty pizza with globs of cheese running down the sauced up dough...And then globs of cheese just filling my mouth while Im eating so fast, I dont realize I've been eating for 2 hours and Im just pounding away at food....I must have had a ton of saturated fat , loads of salt, and a plethora of sugar last night....

Also, hair loss depresses me so much, that I feel that so what if I'm eating so much, there is no point to eating healthy anymore, cuz I've lost so much hair...So I just keep overeating on cheesy fatty foods.

Does eating like this make hair loss worse, or is it just DHT? I'm already a Norwood 6, but would rather not go to a Norwood 7 that fast.
    It's because you're genetically geared to lose your hair. People can lose hair through things like stress, illness etc but poor eating can lead to poor hair and skin quality but you'd really have to be living a very unhealthy lifestyle for this to happen. The reason you're losing hair is the genes, not the pizzas.
    I'd ease up on the junk food really, you don't want to add heart and liver problems or acne to your troubles.

Idk. I've seen homeless people, who I'm assuming have a poor diet, with absolutely stunning heads of hair. It's your genetics. I know telogen effluvium can happen due to severe malnutrition or starvation. But that's a different story.

TBH I had the same reaction. After I found out I was losing my hair, I had a 6 months 'mourning-period' where I ate a lot of unhealthy food, stopped doing sports and gained 3 kilo's (I always have been skinny but became kind of 'flabby-skinny') because I felt no matter what I did to improve myself I would still be bald. During my life I was trying to be the best I could be and suddenly that goal became out of reach because 'the best I could be' had hair.

But after that 6 month period I more or less overcame that notion. At the end of the day you still want to look your best despite that one flaw. Started working out again and minding my diet. My body is my temple, now more than ever.

Inactive

Diet has pretty much no effect on hair loss. Maybe fat intake could affect the amount of T/DHT you produce but it would be so insignificant, it would do nothing. Regardless, you're a NW6. What the hell does it even matter at this point?

The reason I ask is:

I don't know, but now I'm hungry.