Maybe this is all pointless - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Maybe this is all pointless

Cosmetic surgery, tackling hairloss.

if you really think about it - our bodies are only with us for a limited period of time, 80-100 years. Even then, for 40 years or so, we "look good".

I know this a very mechanical way of looking at it...

But I think its safe to say our bodies are like the exterior of a car, nothing more, nothing less. And all of these cosmetic improvements are like painting a new colour on the car, which has been chipped away due to hairloss.

What's the point of it all?

That we and our children may live the happiest, most fulfilling lives possible.
    Life isn't about a NW1 hairline.
    It's about being happy.

Happiness for me is being the best I can.

Inactive

There is no point to life as a whole. The odds of you even being alive are greater than the winning the lottery. Might as well try to be happy; we don't know what happens next, if anything.

The short time we have to be alive is exactly why I want to spend it with hair instead of without. It is bullsh*t but people treat you differently based on how you look, in my experience.

Edit: That said....if you can move beyond depending on superficial things for happiness, that is good for you. LaughingCow has a healthy perspective on that. Some of us are just not well equipped to do it
    Scorpion used to talk about the importance of perspective, of realizing you are just a tiny temporary speck in an endless universe, and that no one will care you existed 200 years from now. But he also admitted he was unable to embrace this thought pattern, that he was stuck in his self-absorbed POV. He even called into the show once, telling people to try to look at the big picture to find happiness, but then said something like "but for me....I just cannot do it."
    I really identified with some of what he said, even though he could be a real troll at times. A tragic case.

What LaughingCow said. It's just about enjoying this short life, which is a bit easier to do with hair.

Or, you can be religious and think there's an afterlife if you want. But if there was, we'd just be headed to hell for being superficial and "mutilating" our bodies with drugs and hair transplants.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Its what you make of it and I want my hair damnit! I cant wear cool hipster stuff with a bald head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    Its what you make of it and I want my hair damnit! I cant wear cool hipster stuff with a bald head!!!
    You can wear whatever you want. Students at the schools I work at call me a hipster all the time, and I'm as bald as the blazes. Actually, they've switched over to "a mean hipster" 'cause I've given like 10 referrals in the last two weeks. If you're feeling down, try giving kids referrals. It's a huge pick me up.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    If that's the case, there may after all be benefits attached to having MPB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzocvh60xBU

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    You can wear whatever you want. Students at the schools I work at call me a hipster all the time, and I'm as bald as the blazes. Actually, they've switched over to "a mean hipster" 'cause I've given like 10 referrals in the last two weeks. If you're feeling down, try giving kids referrals. It's a huge pick me up.
    I like the way some of them dress. The rich ones lookv ery solid in well fitted clothes while most looks very unorganized and scraggly. I tried to before but the only time I can bring myself to try being one is on Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Dav7 View Post
    If that's the case, there may after all be benefits attached to having MPB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzocvh60xBU
    I think 80% of hipsters would die if they caught early MPB as most of them can be considered a kid, transitioning into a man child. You would think they're all about their "don't care" attitudes. Most people who were just following the trend will look back on themselves 10, 20 years down the line and wonder "WHY THE ****?!" Not sayin' everybody will but kudos to those who find the value in being a hipster and stickin' with it for life.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    The short time we have to be alive is exactly why I want to spend it with hair instead of without. It is bullsh*t but people treat you differently based on how you look, in my experience.
    My thinking exactly. We get this relatively short period of life to live and we might as well take steps to ensure that this time is spent feeling as happy as possible. If cosmetic procedures can increase that happiness then so be it.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com