Maybe this is all pointless - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    What LaughingCow said. It's just about enjoying this short life, which is a bit easier to do with hair.

Or, you can be religious and think there's an afterlife if you want. But if there was, we'd just be headed to hell for being superficial and "mutilating" our bodies with drugs and hair transplants.
    If heaven and hell exist, I don't think we're going to burn for eternity just for caring about how we look. God, if He exists (and I'm open minded), created us, He created the balding gene and He also set us loose with the sensitivity to care about hair loss as well as gifting us with the creativity to engineer solutions to the problem.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

There is no shame in trying to make your life as worthwhile, exciting, and just plain fun as it can be. I won't deny it: I am a bit vain, and if I have the chance to save one of my best physical features, then I'm going to take it.

It's not just vanity, either. I'm an aspiring actor, and I noticed some very alarming frontal hair loss just as I turned 19. Since then--I'm now 21--I've been on rogaine and nizoral, and just added finasteride to the mix. I'm well aware of the risks, and boy oh boy am I aware of the expense. But if going bald is going to compromise my ability to do something I love, then I'm going to fight it. I'm not Patrick Stewart, I couldn't be Vin Diesel, I wouldn't want to be Bruce Willis, and I don't want to get stuck playing comic relief and thugs by the time I'm 30.

Oh, and for the record: The rogaine worked pretty well--my hairline has bairly moved--and three weeks into fin, I'm happy to report no sides at all. Maybe a slight shed, but my hair is so fair that unless I'm wearing a dark shirt it doesn't show up.

Inactive

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Or, you can be religious and think there's an afterlife if you want. But if there was, we'd just be headed to hell for being superficial and "mutilating" our bodies with drugs and hair transplants.
    If that's the standard we're to be judged by, then everyone who ever wore braces or got dental implants is headed to Hell as well ...

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    If that's the standard we're to be judged by, then everyone who ever wore braces or got dental implants is headed to Hell as well ...
    Hey man, I didn't write the Bible, nor do I follow it.

I'm all for making yourself look as good as you can. The Bible just considered self-mutilation a sin. Just sayin'.

Leviticus 19:28

You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the Lord.

This one's funny:

Deuteronomy 14:1
    “You are the sons of the Lord your God. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Brace work is just realigning teeth, using gravity, as opposed to reshaping bone.

Because my life is short, I cherish the time I have, and hair loss will not affect my happiness.