+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hey man! I was 21 in the first photo... I was in a band in the NYC area back then that my hair was perfect for. It was great hahahaha. My hair was also starting to thing at 21 and I would tell people but they would think I am crazy. I had a fohawk from age 22 until January of this year when I was 24. No one believed me when I said I was thinning... It wasn't until I cut it really short that people started saying oh now I see it. I'm not sure if the foehawk is the answer or if buzzing it really short is.

Don't take fat loss pills! It doesn't really work in the end. If you want to lose weight I could prob give you some advice. I went from 250 to 160 in one year between the age 17-18.

Nice work on the weight. I was in a band a while ago where the guitarist went from like 260 to like 180.
    Anyway tho, Im a very active guy, work out a lot and am not heavy by any means. Just was getting ready for a vaca to PR and wanted to trim some fot he hard to reach places.
    Used the stuff before with no problems but I guess maybe they dont mix well with finasteride.

Anyway keep up the deets with progress and sides.

I was starting to show around that age as well. No one else would notice tho until the late 20's

To your photos tho, you seem to have a similar thing as me where it looks like your left side is WAY worse then the right? is this correct? I wonder what does this.

We may be in a similar circumstance as well because I still have some belly fat even though I work out, jog, and even did Insanity at one point. Very confusing... But yea my left side is way worse but at the same time the right side is thin where it's filled in. I'm pretty sure I have a diffuse thing going on with it being the worst in the crown and temples. I'm not sure why the left is higher but it's funny because my gf pointed out to me yesterday that the left side was much worse than the right. The photos I posted here may not do justice to how thin my hair is. Under my phones camera, with flash it looks terrible.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair_longer_top.jpg

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	20563  

Quote Originally Posted by VMRockshow View Post
    We may be in a similar circumstance as well because I still have some belly fat even though I work out, jog, and even did Insanity at one point. Very confusing... But yea my left side is way worse but at the same time the right side is thin where it's filled in. I'm pretty sure I have a diffuse thing going on with it being the worst in the crown and temples. I'm not sure why the left is higher but it's funny because my gf pointed out to me yesterday that the left side was much worse than the right. The photos I posted here may not do justice to how thin my hair is. Under my phones camera, with flash it looks terrible.
    Yeah the flash is an a-hole.
    I swear I take a pic with it short and think for a minute I have no progress until I realize that flash was on, or a light above me.

Yours almost looks just like mine. I wil try to get some pics up, I have them but will have to sort them. My left has always been worse which is funny because even the left side of my face seems to grow facial hair diff.
    Im a bit discouraged tho with this side effect thing Im having. I really want to continue using it.

As for the wieght loss, it just becomes harder.
    I went from 200 to 180 for my last vaca and man did I look lean.... like crack head lean. But it was really too lean when I saw my face.
    After a certain age its diet, all in what and how you eat.
    I have a pretty good diet but moved in with my Spanish GF which is not good for the belly (big oily meals), but she is getting better with it lol.

When did you start experiencing side effects?

I was 155 at my lowest weight (18-21 years old) but I had no muscle to me either and my face was very drawn in looking. Not sure how that even came about hahahaha. I love food though and I definitely eat a good amount. I could go for some spanish food now that you mention it.

YEa the uneven hair thing is odd. I have no idea what to do with my hair at this point. I've considered shaving it all off a few times but I say to myself... what if propecia makes it better or doesn't let it get worse? Stupid hair shit

The side effects just really started but I think the other stuff brought them on. Im flushing my system a bit then trying again. I basically have the feeling like I just sat on my balls but it doesnt go away. Also the peeing and a little burning on the tip but I think its because Im peeing every 3 seconds.

as for what to do, I would say just cut it all off. I did at first and now Im just tooo lazy to grow it back. I still want to have my hair but in the middle time its easier to cut with a bare clipper. It will grow back.
    Plus I know there are contradictory thoughts on it but I feel the new hairs that regrow are thicker, mainly because they arent so worn down from the daily abuse grown ones would have.

The sides have started to ween a bit but of course Im still worried.
    You read those horror stories on other sites but often have to wonder the truth behind them and if people were using other stuff (such as fat burners lol) and if they are just looking to start a suit and get some money. Who knows.

What part of a band were you if you dont mind me asking.
    heres my horrid pic of when i decided to finally start. My hair is usually much shorter but I grew it in for the pic then promptly went and cried after the shot.

Name:	photo 4.jpg

Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	20566  

Now heres mine from just like 2.5 months later.... honestly it may not look like it but its a HUGE difference which is WHY i want to keep on. Ive been on since October of last year.

I also use minox, eat and act HEALTHY

I take B-comples
    zinc
    saw palmetto
    and fish oil tabs
    every day

BUT I also take a mens multi pack from GNC which also has much of the same .
    They say those 4 are the big ones for hair growth.

I also fresh juice A LOT...... in the end I know Ill croak from some wierd cancer from being SO HEALTHY all these years but man I want to go with a head of hair lol.

Me and my friend (who also lost a ton of weight) were jogging sunday and he was saying he might look into going to Argentina for some skin removal (he lost a lot) and I thought about possibly getting a transplant cause he wanted me to go with him for some support. You can get this stuff done much less expensive there.

Name:	photo 4.jpg

Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	20567   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg

Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	20568  

You're hair looks pretty good in the second photos, It looks like te crown filled in or that the hair around the crown is strong... My crown isn't doing great but the back of my head is holding up for now making it not as noticeable. I'm wondering why you have a burning feeling and peeing a lot because that sounds like a bladder infection. I've had that a few times (before ever taking Fin) and cranberry juice always helped. Never found out why I had that back then. Maybe all of the supplements and pills are affecting your bladder. Ask your doctor. Do you take all the pills in one shot or throughout the day?

I wish I could figure out this picture manager. It's not working right and I wanna throw some more pics on.

I was the singer/songwriter/guitarist in my old band. I'm starting a new one where I'll being doing the same thing and maybe piano too. I'm recording all of May and June. You can imagine how i'm afraid that my hair will hinder my career (I drive my gf crazy with this shit).

Here's a homemade video we did ourselves, it really showcases my old hair hahahahha this was one of our slower songs. It's from April of 2011 so this was how crazy my hair was 2 years ago. Although I do think it was thinning at that point for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2MKUQoW6nk

Cool, Bass player myself just went to guitar center on lunch to cehck out 6 strings. I was always against them but lately with trying to record my own material (non band) I feel it might help make the sound a bit more versatile.
    funny

as for the hair and the band I would try going shaved, I did for a bit in my last band and no one noticed..... but again Im a bassist so no one notices generally.

To many "rock stars" cover it up now with weaves and so forth. As long as your shaved no one can tell and then when its thick again you can grow it in and shock the world.....

As for the bladder infection. Propecia messes with your prostate which has a lot of control over your bladder. They say its one of the other sides. Im usually very good with resisting side effets but again I think the fat burners messed me up bad. Its very sensitive down there as well lately, even my damn underpants rubbing starts to bug it. Im hoping it will pass over this vaca as I do want to jump back on it.

music sounds good.

Just got back from vaca and let me tell you after not taking the fin for those like 2 weeks I started feeling better. Even my boing was WAY better.
    Groin pain seemed to halt. Still was a little sensitive in the area. Went to get blood work to be sure everything was okay and nothing else might also be screwing it up.
    Only reason Im posting this is because I decided to take a dose yesterday. Call it coincidence but bam, my junk hurts, looks funny and feeling a bit ed'ish.

May all be in the brain but to me now this is serious stuff and just want you to be REAL CAREFUL!
    If you notice anything then stop is my advice. Im hoping Im not one of those RARE .00001% who keep experiencing sides the rest of their life after stopping.