+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Hair line reconstruction, refinement + plug removal - 1 yr. results - case Z

This patient came to our clinic in hopes of obtaining a natural looking hair line. The patient previously had a strip (FUT) procedure that left the hairline very pluggy looking and noticeably mis-angled. A session of plug removal and CIT grafting was performed to successfully treat the case. In the plug removal session, we removed large follicular units (2 to 5 hair), dissected them and placed them back onto the hair line for a softer appearance. Most often patients want us to place these dissected follicular units back onto their donor areas to disguise scarring. The purpose of this session was to remove the large grafts on the hair line. The entire procedure resulted in the redistribution of approximately 170 plugs that yielded approx. 371 grafts for placement back onto his frontal scalp via CIT. At 12 months post-op, you can now see a more natural result after one day of CIT repair.

Repair can be more difficult to accomplish than a typical hair transplant session. Repair cases can also require more than one session to reach each patient’s goals. This patient returned after 12 months to add single hairs to the hair line for a more softer and full result. The final result can also require up to 12 months to fully mature as the scalp heals and reforms. We are excited to present another successfully treated repair case.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	repair_large_via_cit__1_.jpg

Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1909   Click image for larger version

Name:	repair_large_via_cit__3_.jpg

Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1910  
    Last edited by CIT; 12-17-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Photos replaced

Looks very good.

Thumbs up natural

Absolutely Bigmac. This patient actually went to a hair transplant clinic located somewhere in the Caribbean. The problem is that the hair was too course for the temple peaks and hair line. The incorrectly placed FUs left the hair line very abrupt disoriented. The size of these large follicular units almost makes it impossible to camouflage them by adding finer hair. Some cases can allow most physicians to hide the bad work, but this is not one of them. In this case, the removal has to happen before the hair line can be recreated for a more aesthetically pleasing result.
    Last edited by CIT; 07-22-2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo

OMG... Much improvement

Default Trusting the physician

Thanks Magati,

The hair line is what makes or breaks the entire result of the case. We have several patients in similar situations as this particular patient. I think that the internet is a major resource for these patients to have corrective work performed. These patients are usually mentally and physically scarred from their previous experience before coming to our clinic. The scars of the last surgery take a major toll on the patients' outlook on hair restoration. That said, they are less likely to commit to a 2nd procedure without feeling comfortable and totally confident that they will benefit from a corrective surgery.

Even today, there are outdated hair transplant techniques still being performed. Uninformed patients are still going to large clinics that have inconsistent results with little experience. We are pleased when patients have done at least half of their homework. We prefer to have patients who at least understand the pros and cons of both methods that are currently offered at this time.

I definitely agree. Hair line is #1

Quote Originally Posted by CIT View Post
    This patient came to our clinic in hopes of obtaining a natural looking hair line. The patient previously had a strip (FUT) procedure that left the hairline very pluggy looking and noticeably mis-angled. A session of plug removal and CIT grafting was performed to successfully treat the case. In the plug removal session, we removed large follicular units (2 to 5 hair), dissected them and placed them back onto the hair line for a softer appearance. Most often patients want us to place these dissected follicular units back onto their donor areas to disguise scarring. The purpose of this session was to remove the large grafts on the hair line. The entire procedure resulted in the redistribution of approximately 170 plugs that yielded approx. 371 grafts for placement back onto his frontal scalp via CIT. At 12 months post-op, you can now see a more natural result after one day of CIT repair.

Repair can be more difficult to accomplish than a typical hair transplant session. Repair cases can also require more than one session to reach each patient’s goals. This patient returned after 12 months to add single hairs to the hair line for a more softer and full result. The final result can also require up to 12 months to fully mature as the scalp heals and reforms. We are excited to present another successfully treated repair case.

We can remove old plugs and we can add follicles to reduce the appearance of the old plug grafts...

Default Question

Do you remove the old plugs individually?

Default removing old plug grafts

Hi,

There are many ways to go about removing old multi-hair plug grafts. We do take them individually, but we don't always remove the entire plug. Whatever goals the patient has will determine how we remove or undo the old work.

Default Hair plugs removal

Hi,

I red with interest the stories about people wanting to get rid off the the hair transplanted. I am one of them.
    I had two sessions done, one in 1993 in Chicago at the Bosley Medical center (less than 1000 grafts) and the other one in Manhattan, NY at the Medical Hari restoration Clinic (MHN) also less than 1000 grafts.
    These are one of those things you wish you had not done. I relaized now that It is better to be bold .
    Now, the problem is that I had two harilines in the front that are very noticeable. I wan them off. Do you know of a good Dr. in DC or northen Virginia area. I wan to have a consultation so I can explain what I want done and see if it is possible.

Thank you for your help