Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Geoffrey
    • Jan 2012

Finasteride into fifths

I just picked up a prescription of 5mg finasteride with the intention of dividing it into fifths.

See it here: http://www.drugs.com/imprints/logo-f5-13248.html

It seems like the easiest thing to do would be to divide it into quarters, but I'd rather get the 1mg dose. Can someone tell me how exactly I'm to divide this small, circular pill into fifths?

I searched the forum but didn't see any results for the exact pill in question.

Thanks for the help

-Geoff
  • StuckInARut
    • Aug 2012

Probably best to use a steady hand and a sharp razor blade. Just carefully cut the pill into fourths leaving one piece larger than the rest then simply cut that piece in half again.

Comment

• chrisdav
      • Oct 2011

Geoffrey,

I take personally take Proscar and use one of the tablet cutters to divide my 5mg into quarters.

Alternatively here is a video from Youtube of Spex cutting them up.

http://spexhair.com finesteride as proscar, cheap hairloss treatment using 5mg proscar (finesteride) being cut into 1mg doses for treatment of male pattern b...

Comment

• El Nino
        • May 2009

Do you know that the Finasteride is not spread around the tab perfectly?

You will not get an exact dose of 1mg if you cut into 5ths. You will not get an exact dose of 1.25mg in 4ths.

You will get an exact dose of 5mg if you take it all.

Comment

• chrisdav
          • Oct 2011

The only way you get an exact dose is if you buy Propecia 1mg or generic 1mg but it will make negligible difference.

Comment

• El Nino
            • May 2009

Yes I know that pal. But the OP has 5mg tabs not 1mg.

And he thinks he'll get a 1mg dose when cutting into fifths.

Comment

• StuckInARut
              • Aug 2012

Seems to be a bit of uncertainty as to whether it is evenly distributed or not. People have been splitting proscar into fourths with success so no reason to think that by splitting it will be ineffective.

Comment

• El Nino
                • May 2009

Originally posted by StuckInARut
                People have been splitting proscar into fourths with success so no reason to think that by splitting it will be ineffective.
                Yes I know that pal, I didn't say cutting into 4ths would make it ineffective.

I said he wouldn't be getting an exact dose when he cuts the 5mg tab any way.

So we have confirmed if he wants an exact 1mg dose he needs to take a 1mg tab (Propecia).

Or he can cut the 5mg (Proscar) tabs into quarters or fifths and get uneven doses but still have effective hair loss medication.

Now we have cleared that up. But what about the si......

Comment

• mattj
                  Doctor Representative
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by StuckInARut
                  Seems to be a bit of uncertainty as to whether it is evenly distributed or not. People have been splitting proscar into fourths with success so no reason to think that by splitting it will be ineffective.
                  For what it's worth, I feel that it has to be evenly distributed. I can't imagine how the tablets are manufactured in large quantities without the mixture being even before each tablet is formed.
                  I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Comment

• BigThinker
                    • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mattj
                    For what it's worth, I feel that it has to be evenly distributed. I can't imagine how the tablets are manufactured in large quantities without the mixture being even before each tablet is formed.
                    I was thinking they had to be made from a homogenized mixture as well, although frankly I just don't know or care enough to really look into it.

Comment

• lukis
                      • Jan 2019

I use a sharp knife to cut mine into fifths, it's not problem.

Comment

• miclejack
                        • Sep 2022

<b><a href="https://www.onegeneric.com/product/buy-sildenafil-50-mg-tablet-online-kamagra-gold-tablet">kamagra gold 50mg</a></b> A lot of folks 50 and more seasoned experienced trouble with climax and release, says Dr. Louanne Weston, a sex expert. One review observed the problem influences upwards of 16% of men in their mid-60s, 23% of men ages 65 to 74, and 33 percent of men 75 and more established.

Comment

Working...