+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Ah, I see. Sorry to hear that. Did you have problems with fin that make you apprehensive about starting again?
    After about 4 years I got sides and stopped. But at this point I am not even sure it was entirely propecia's fault. I still think it had a hand it it but I also believe other factors were involved as well. I say this because about 5 years after I stopped, I started having symptoms again and was not even on it at the time. The second time I told my Dr that I thought my symptoms were due to pain pills I used for my back. He agreed they could temporarily cause low T problems, but that I would have recovered in about 3 months after I stopped. Only I didn't and things only got worse and worse as time went on. Then I remembered The one thing that was common between the first time I had sides and the second. I told me dr and he said if anything the opposite should have been true. And it could be a coincidence but in both cases my sides started, or got much worse shortly after I quit smoking. Smoking is supposed to be bad for T and this does not make any sense but that is what appears to be the common thing between both problems. The first time I quit smoking , the sides hit me a few months later. I then went to grad school and started smoking again to deal with the pressure. After I graduated, I started gradually cutting down and got to about 5 a day. I started feeling the sides (no sex drive, tired all the time, gained weight easily, loss of muscle mass, anxiety, depression). And when i totally quit it only got worse- to the point I had no energy to function.

Does not make any logical sense...but I went back to smoking about 5 a day. And as long as I keep running a few miles a week, I won't get addicted.

1mg for 4 years now .. one week of minor sides when I started (ball ache and watery semen) but nothing since (except better hair