+ Reply to Thread

Default Totalis Vs. AGA?

Are they really that different?

AGA is an allergic reaction.

Totalis is an allergic reaction.

Then, clobestol proporionate should clear things up

http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96...779-5/abstract

I really believe that this approach can be very usefull for AGA aswell...

I definitly want to try Saba Gel, wich combines bethametasone dipropionate 0.05% and tretinoin (retinoic acid) 0.0125%:

Dr. Sandra Brown MD, a dermatologist, claims she has developed a “proprietary and patented gel that has successfully reversed many types of hair loss in hundreds of [her] patients.”

Dr. Brown states, this combo “thickens and lengthens hair and reverses many types of alopecia (hair loss) such as genetic thinning (e.g., male pattern baldness), chemical and stress related hair loss and other types of hair loss”.

The gel “is applied daily to the scalp” and “stimulates hair follicles causing hair to grow thicker and faster. Additionally, after the gel is discontinued the hair that you have re-grown does not catastrophically fall out (in contrast to the only commercially available product currently approved by the FDA which must be used forever to prevent hair loss).”

This topical treatmentl is comprised of bethametasone dipropionate 0.05% and tretinoin (retinoic acid) 0.0125%.

Dr. Brown has patented this treatment. Here are some excerpts from the patent:

“An application of betamethasone dipropionate and all-trans-retinoic acid is made to the patient. The betamethasone dipropionate and all-trans-retinoic acid are administered together in a compound applied topically to the scalp. The compound and method have been found to effectively restore hair growth even after discontinuance of use of the compound.”

“Betamethasone dipropionate is a steroid and has a tendency to thin the dermis. All-trans-retinoic acid is also administered in combination with betamethasone dipropionate. However, one of the well-known side effects of all-trans-retinoic acid is that it acts to thicken the skin. Thus, when used in combination with each other, the negative side effects of betamethasone dipropionate and all-trans-retinoic acid act to cancel each other out while synergistically producing a large amount of hair.”

“Outstanding results, including hair growth within one week of applying the compound, were observed.”

Dr. Brown stated in an interview, “85-percent of the patients that we treat can see the hair growing back thicker within 21 days."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7585843
    Efficacy and safety of twice-daily augmented betamethasone dipropionate lotion versus clobetasol propionate solution in patients with moderate-to-severe scalp psoriasis.
    This 2-week, randomized, multicenter, investigator-blinded, parallel-group study was conducted to compare the efficacy and safety of augmented betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% lotion and clobetasol propionate 0.05% solution in the treatment of moderate-to-severe scalp psoriasis among 197 (193 assessable) healthy adult patients with at least 20% scalp-surface involvement. The patients received one of two treatments applied twice a day for 2 weeks. Signs and symptoms were evaluated at baseline, after 3 days (day 4), and after weeks 1 (day 8) and 2 (day 15) of treatment. As early as 3 days after treatment, scaling and induration were improved significantly faster by betamethasone dipropionate than by clobetasol propionate. Both treatments also reduced erythema and pruritus. Patients receiving betamethasone dipropionate had a significantly greater mean percent improvement in total sign/symptom scores (P < or = 0.015) at all visits and better mean global clinical response scores at the early visits (days 4 and 8) (P < or = 0.017). At the end of the study, only mild disease was present in both groups. Adverse events were reported by 34.0% and 36.4% of patients receiving betamethasone dipropionate and clobetasol propionate, respectively. All events were transient, most were mild and local, and no discontinuations resulted. The effects of treatment on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis were not measured. In conclusion, augmented betamethasone dipropionate lotion and clobetasol propionate solution were equally effective, but betamethasone dipropionate lotion provided a faster onset of relief for scaling and induration, which may enhance patient compliance and patient satisfaction with treatment.

It's definitely does something with PGD2

it's working for me.

itch gone!

This should really be looked into. It's non-invasive, has no side effects, and has solid science behind it. I'd like Spencer to perhaps talk about it on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    This should really be looked into. It's non-invasive, has no side effects, and has solid science behind it. I'd like Spencer to perhaps talk about it on the show.
    there must be somebody he could interview

the trouble is that its hard to get in touch with dr brown i tried and they kept saying phone back and also even if i could get it sent to uk you have to pay $125 for a consultation by phone and then still not know if she would send to uk.
    Can we not get an email address to contact her with some info on how to buy her cream online?

My work friend is just using pdg2 blockers and is having success in terms of stopping hairloss etc.

This is interesting. I don't know if clobetasol propianate is the same thing as the clobetasol shampoo that is sometimes prescribed for dandruff and scalp irritation. I actually had a dermatologist prescribe me a clobetasol-based shampoo for my MPB itch. I think it helped clear my dandruff, but it didn't seem to do anything for my scalp pruritis. To this day, I still have an itchy and inflamed scalp, which is exacerbated by water, sunlight, mechanical stimulation, and countless other things. A possible side effect of clobetasol is thinning of the skin with repeated use, which is why dermatologists generally only prescribe it for short-term use.

NeedhairASAP: what exactly is it you used to clear up your MPB itch?