+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sex after hair transplant

I had a hair transplant 7 weeks ago, and I had my girlfriend with me. We had sex on a regular basis after HT. I knew I am not allowed to have any physical activities but we figuered me lying on my back and her doing all the work isnt really "physical activity".
    But now I am very concerned because I read about the "blood flow to the head" which can blow out the transplants. How would I have recognized it, if such thing would have happened???
    I had FUE so the scar is not the issue, but I am really concerned about my grafts.
    I would appreciate any kind of answer especially from the docs on this site, because my doc failed to point this out to me although he knew I was there with my girlfriend.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

If you did not have any significant bleeding in the first few days, then it is very unlikely that you lost a graft. The grafts do not just fall out. They only would get dislodged by bumping or scratching your head. I tell my patients to abstain for a couple of days, and then they can resume those types of activities as long as their partner does all the work. Most patients want me to write these instructions on a prescription pad to show there partner. Keep a positive attitude, and in the end maybe you will have gotten cake and eaten it to.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Most patients want me to write these instructions on a prescription pad to show there partner.

Thank you Dr.Charles for your prompt answer. I am feeling so much better right now.

Whenever a graft pops out or becomes dislodged, a strong trickle of blood usually streams down the scalp. And I am referring to the time period immediately following the procedure 24-48 hours post-op.

It's true that after three days it's pretty difficult to pop them unless you are a slow healer.

Post-op masturbation should also be a no-no immediately following surgery. That may sound bizarre but it may go on more than we might think. Refrain from heavy lifting as well.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default smoking

Hello,
    Dr..I had a HT one week before and i smoked 2 cigarettes after 4 days of my surgery and 2 cigarettes again after 7 days of my surgery. Now i m feeling sorry about what i have done and so much worried about my grafts and results..Because my Surgeon advised me to stop smoking for 6 weeks Waiting for your answer..

Quote Originally Posted by coolage007 View Post
    Hello,
    Dr..I had a HT one week before and i smoked 2 cigarettes after 4 days of my surgery and 2 cigarettes again after 7 days of my surgery. Now i m feeling sorry about what i have done and so much worried about my grafts and results..Because my Surgeon advised me to stop smoking for 6 weeks Waiting for your answer..
    If you want an laymans point of view, yes smoking can affect the healing process however IMHO, you will be okay. I was a past smoker and did so post-op myself and my strip procedures came out fine.

Several years ago I was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer and my right lung was removed as a result from smoking. It is nothing short of a miracle that I survived it. I would never want to see this happen to anyone.

Best wishes to you.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default re:smoking

hello,
    Thanks for your reply, Whats IMHO..and i know smoking causes different diseases specially like cancer..And my healing of strip seems to be ok ..i m not sure but i feel ok...but i m worried about my grafts ...and i m confused about my successful hair transplant..and is this confirmed that i m not gonna have successful hair transplant with smoking.....

coolage,

No, no my friend. Do not worry. I smoked 10 times what you did per day before and after all four of my HTs and never did I ever feel that my smoking prevented my HTs from being a success.

It is for the most part the prudent advice of any health care professional, especially doctors to warn us of the bad effects from smoking. You'll be fine. My doctors warned me that I would get lung cancer if I continued the way I was. They were right and I was wrong.

My point to you coolage my friend is that your smoking is more on the social scale IMHO and social smoking and won't prevent your hair from regrowing. If your HT does not turn out good, it won't be because you smoked post-op.

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Do all transplant patients have to take propecia?

Default re:smoking

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    coolage,

No, no my friend. Do not worry. I smoked 10 times what you did per day before and after all four of my HTs and never did I ever feel that my smoking prevented my HTs from being a success.

It is for the most part the prudent advice of any health care professional, especially doctors to warn us of the bad effects from smoking. You'll be fine. My doctors warned me that I would get lung cancer if I continued the way I was. They were right and I was wrong.

My point to you coolage my friend is that your smoking is more on the social scale IMHO and social smoking and won't prevent your hair from regrowing. If your HT does not turn out good, it won't be because you smoked post-op.

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.
    thank you very much friend