+ Reply to Thread

Default long time reader new user.. need help with fin

Hi, guys im a 22 year old male who noticed some thinning/ receding. Id say im about a nw1.5. I recently started taking fin/min 5% about a month ago. Ive had some recent side effects from fin.. such as acne,oily hair and even my libido has gone up. Ive also noticed some more receding. Dont know wether or not i should stop using fin or just keep riding it out. Will the receding stop? should i give it more time or should i hop off it. Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by pods View Post
    Hi, guys im a 22 year old male who noticed some thinning/ receding. Id say im about a nw1.5. I recently started taking fin/min 5% about a month ago. Ive had some recent side effects from fin.. such as acne,oily hair and even my libido has gone up. Ive also noticed some more receding. Dont know wether or not i should stop using fin or just keep riding it out. Will the receding stop? should i give it more time or should i hop off it. Thanks for the help guys.

I am no fin expert, but your sides does not seem alarming and you need to use the medication for at least a year to see the effect. The recession can be (shredding) a sign that the medication is working, I would say ride it out and see how it goes. There are lot of competent people in here who can give you some good advice and like i always say, "call the show, and have a talk with Spencer about your overall situation".

Thanks for the response and help... just curious to know if this is normal to receding and thin in the first month... or if it may be reflex hyperandrogenicity?? any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

If you're in your first month, you shouldn't be too terribly concerned with the state of your hair. There's no magic timeline for when you should see your hair loss stop, when sides will start and stop, and when you will see results. Everyone is different.

As for hair loss, oily hair, acne, and increased libido, me and other members in their early 20s have had similar things happen. It's almost like a second puberty, yeah? You're just maturing. I had the same shit, and my dick got noticeably bigger in a 6 month period (at age 24).

If you're not having any real sides off of fin, I'd just ride it out for now.

Quote Originally Posted by pods View Post
    You do not have any Finasteride side effects.

Whether you continue to take it is totally your decision but I hope you know all the consequences if you do.

Good luck.