+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Doctor Apointment - propecia

Good Day folks.

I have booked an docs appointment for Monday to inquire about getting a prescription for propecia. I live in Scotland and was wondering if there are any other Scots on here that use it and is it a free prescription here. Also what should I say to the doctor? when I said to my last doctor 3 years ago I was concerned about hair loss, he sent me away.

I been balding since I was 16, coming up for 24 in the summer. My hairline has been slowly receding back for years now and if I am totally honest, it did not cause me much concern. The reason being that because my hair was thick it was easy to disguise. A cheap investment of 50p for a plastic comb made my hair lost seem unnoticeable to the untrained eyed. However its only really been over the last 6 months that my hair loss is getting me down. It has thinned dramatically over the last year, and also continued to recede. Also at the weekend I noticed a small bald patch forming. So basically its the beginning of the end for me, no questions asked in a few years time (1,2 possibly 5 if im lucky) I am going to be a baldy git.

Yesterday was the last straw, I was running late for a job interview and the wind was horrendous. I could not find the office I was meant to go to and as I was walking around aimlessly I caught my reflection in a car mirror. my hair was terrible looking the wind had just messed it up and worst it would not flatten. There was no way I could go into a job interview with ridiculous looking hair, I would be laughed out of the building. I was not that bothered about scrapping the interview as I never really wanted the job. However, this is just becoming a joke and it shows that it is getting in the way of my life.

So yea I done my research and I want to get on propecia. I know the risks and I'm willing to test it for myself. I was warmed by some websites/youtube that if I touched saw palmetto I would be burdened with a limb D, but I can tell you straight off saw palmetto (for me personally) did not effect me in anyway. IT did not harm me and it certainly did not benefit me.

cheers guys

I have seen a private dermatologist to get a fin prescription but my NHS GP just REFUSES to give me the blood tests for fin that the dermatologist said I NEED and any more fin

The NHS will MAKE you go bald, no one is helping no one responding

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    I have seen a private dermatologist to get a fin prescription but my NHS GP just REFUSES to give me the blood tests for fin that the dermatologist said I NEED and any more fin

The NHS will MAKE you go bald, no one is helping no one responding
    Don't live in a country with shitty universal health care. If I had to see a gatekeeper/GP for anything medicine related, I'd just self-medicate or let my health deteriorate.

How can I self medicate its impossible or plain illegal to get round GPs if they say no blood tests no fin, you are ****ed I can't exactly wander into a hospital and ask for blood tests directly or prescription

Baldness is compulsory on the National Death Service

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    How can I self medicate its impossible or plain illegal to get round GPs if they say no blood tests no fin, you are ****ed I can't exactly wander into a hospital and ask for blood tests directly or prescription

Baldness is compulsory on the National Death Service
    InHousePharmacy

Quote Originally Posted by themastercheaf View Post
    So yea I done my research and I want to get on propecia. I know the risks and I'm willing to test it for myself. I was warmed by some websites/youtube that if I touched saw palmetto I would be burdened with a limb D,
    Och aye jimmy,

I don't want to scare you but do you really know ALL the risks?

Back in 2007 I thought I knew all the risks and that they were a limp D, ball ache and bitch tits. I only suffered a slight ball ache when I started which went away after a few weeks. Hence I thought I had no side effects from Finasteride.

But I have suffered from brain fog, poor short term memory, muscle wastage, loss of strength in my hands, muscle twitches and dark circles around my eyes.

Be aware that Finasteride can seriously f**k your Dick and/or your BRAIN up. My advice is to read a certain help website for Propecia and take it very seriously and know that PFS (Post Finasteride Syndrome) is not bullshit.

Of course maybe you won't get any side effects or maybe you will have a much bigger problem than going bald. Is it worth the risk?

As they say in Thailand...UpToYou.

ok, well kirby il let you know how i get on. El Nino I just dont care anymore, I'll try it whatever happens happens I just honestly don't care

Quote Originally Posted by themastercheaf View Post
    El Nino I just dont care anymore, I'll try it whatever happens happens I just honestly don't care
    No worries mate, it is totally your decision.

I just wanted to make you aware that there are more risks than just a limp D.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No worries mate, it is totally your decision.

I just wanted to make you aware that there are more risks than just a limp D.
    Please, find a good head doctor and don't infect internet forums with your hypochondriac fabrications. Recently, I even read that some guys got impotent on minoxidil. I think that these psychotics should at least read leaflets carefully to know what "side effects" they should expect.

By the way, I have been on finasteride for 8,5 months and I have never observed any bad change that could be connected with this drug. Nothing. This is to be expected, because it suppresses a useless, nasty hormone that has no important function in the male body after the age of 18 years. I was taking anti-estrogens before and they influence hormones to a much larger extent than finasteride. Yet I didn't feel anything bad either. Therefore, I knew that there is nothing that I should be afraid of - except additional hairloss, which unfortunately really happened, and I currently don't know, what this stuff is doing with my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    Please, find a good head doctor and don't infect internet forums with your hypochondriac fabrications. Recently, I even read that some guys got impotent on minoxidil. I think that these psychotics should at least read leaflets carefully to know what "side effects" they should expect.

By the way, I have been on finasteride for 8,5 months and I have never observed any bad change that could be connected with this drug. Nothing. This is to be expected, because it suppresses a useless, nasty hormone that has no important function in the male body after the age of 18 years. I was taking anti-estrogens before and they influence hormones to a much larger extent than finasteride. Yet I didn't feel anything bad either. Therefore, I knew that there is nothing that I should be afraid of - except additional hairloss, which unfortunately really happened, and I currently don't know, what this stuff is doing with my hair.
    Wow.

There are so many guys on this forum who bury their heads in the sand and don't want to acknowledge that Finasteride can cause very serious side effects.

So I admit I am a hypochondriac and that Finasteride is perfectly safe and I have nothing better to do than troll this forum scaring people.

P.S. It took longer than 8.5 months for me..........