+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    No worries mate, it is totally your decision.

I just wanted to make you aware that there are more risks than just a limp D.
    He wasn't asking for you permission.

At least we find out why you are being such a sore loser with this product.

Quote Originally Posted by themastercheaf View Post
    Hey Guys

I am just back from the Doctors. When I booked the appointment I did not request a doc. However, when I turned up today I was happy that I got my GP who is a well respected individual.

I told him about my family Histoty and my hair loss story. Then I told him I would like to get on Propecia. He was very helpful, and went over the benefits and risks. He also said that sides were small and are treatable. Propecia is not available for free on the NHS (Scotland). The cost per month is £26.99. I have been perscribed it for a trial month and if I decide to stay with it I can countine with the med on a longer perscribtion.

He told me that propecia was first designed to treat prosterate issues, but it was found that it can also help with MPB. The dose is much lower with propecia that is why side effects are rare alleglily. So I will start it in a weeks time after I get paid. I plan to stick with it for a year and judge how beneficial it is, Any major sides and I will stop immediatly.

Dont get me wrong guys I wish that I never had to take it, I am pretty scared. However, I have winged and moaned about my hair loss so I have the product its up to me. If anything goes wrong, well at least it was my decision. I know in 5 years now I would regreat doing nothing.

Also Kirby mate I think you need to change your GP. I asked for it and got it. I feel as if they are taking the P out of you. Like many of us you will be a self proglammed expert on hair lost and you now done enough.

take care

the cheaf
    Oh, that's amazing. Congrats on the mission accomplished with the GP side of things. Wish you the best of success with the fin, seriously. Only recommendations - force yourself to take good quality before, during and after photos, because that's pretty damn vital really. You will get some sort of shedding from my experience. Also, get the blood tests, but you sound like you have an understanding GP who'll give you those anyway.