+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    This is exactly what stopped me from doing anything. I would feel so low if I destroyed their hopes of having a normal life or something.
    Good man and Highlander.

I do feel a bit bitter towards the person who recommended Finasteride to me without even mentioning any possible side effects.

And in no way is my life ruined but I've been off since last July and I am still suffering side effects. I know some guys have it much worse than me.

But I was never comfortable taking it and can honestly say if I had read propeciahelp back in 2007 I wouldn't have started.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Good man and Highlander.

I do feel a bit bitter towards the person who recommended Finasteride to me without even mentioning any possible side effects.

And in no way is my life ruined but I've been off since last July and I am still suffering side effects. I know some guys have it much worse than me.

But I was never comfortable taking it and can honestly say if I had read propeciahelp back in 2007 I wouldn't have started.
    You should take finasteride.

there are no side effects

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    You should take finasteride.

there are no side effects
    Yeah people who were born with low intelligence would not notice their brain turn to shite during or after taking finasteride.

Yeah...MPB really hurts....I try to make new friends, so they see me from the start as a person with MPB....

I totally understand your pain... It hurts.

Inactive

Yeah people who were born with low intelligence would not notice their brain turn to shite during or after taking finasteride.
    I don't understand how one could get brain fog with just fin as it only inhibits the type II enzyme, which has nothing to do with brain function IIRC. Not coming at you, just asking if you know the mechanism behind this.

Not a fan of Fin?

How about Dutaseride then ? Even stronger. I will even order it for you

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    Yeah...MPB really hurts....I try to make new friends, so they see me from the start as a person with MPB....

I totally understand your pain... It hurts.
    MPB has really affected your friendships? I run with a pretty pretentious crew, and no one has ever said anything about it to me. In fact, one of my buddies is farther a long than me, and that dude can't even keep the girls off of him.

As for recommending fin, I had a different buddy who is balding, and I mentioned I was researching different drugs for MPB. He expressed mild interest in wanting to stop his MPB and said I should let him know what I figure out. That was some time ago, and I never followed up. It's not because I don't care for him; I just could never live with myself if he got sides off of fin. He has a live-in girlfriend he's crazy about anyways, so I figure I'd just let him enjoy the status quo.

I don't understand how one could get brain fog with just fin as it only inhibits the type II enzyme, which has nothing to do with brain function IIRC. Not coming at you, just asking if you know the mechanism behind this.
    Said who?

According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha_reductase

Finasteride inhibits two 5-alpha reductase isoenzymes (II and III), while dutasteride inhibits all three.[2] Finasteride potently inhibits 5α-R2 at a mean inhibitory concentration IC50 of 69 nM, but is less effective with 5α-R1 till an IC50 of 360 nM.[13] Finasteride decreases mean serum level of DHT by 71% after 6 months,[14] and was shown in vitro to inhibit 5α-R3 at a similar potency to 5α-R2 in transfected cell lines.[2] Long term side effects can occur after discontinuation of the drug with Post-Finasteride Syndrome.[12]

Trust me Finasteride can seriously mess with your brain chemistry. I don't know the science but I have experienced it first hand.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Said who?

According to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha_reductase

Finasteride inhibits two 5-alpha reductase isoenzymes (II and III), while dutasteride inhibits all three.[2] Finasteride potently inhibits 5α-R2 at a mean inhibitory concentration IC50 of 69 nM, but is less effective with 5α-R1 till an IC50 of 360 nM.[13] Finasteride decreases mean serum level of DHT by 71% after 6 months,[14] and was shown in vitro to inhibit 5α-R3 at a similar potency to 5α-R2 in transfected cell lines.[2] Long term side effects can occur after discontinuation of the drug with Post-Finasteride Syndrome.[12]
    Type I is the only one active in the brain. Fin doesn't inhibit it.