+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Bald View Post
    People who aren't going through mpb themselves but who you console with??

I've been avoiding meeting up with good friends who I haven't seen in a while because of mpb. I've just making excuses I don't think they have any idea what hell and metnal torture I've been going through. I don't know why but I don't want people who I've known since a young age to see me looking like this, can anyone else relate to this?

Are you forward with anyone about your struggles with mpb??
    I know how you feel indeed, i wanted so bad to attend my elementary school

reunion. I didn't do it because i was known as the guy with the black curly

hair and now as norwood 5a. Hairloss should not dictate how

i live my life, but sadly in some cases it does.

It's very hard to open up about your shameful secret, be it the reccession in itself or the fact that is affects you so deeply.

I talked about it a little to a younger friend who teases me he has no idea of the pain and the misery hair loss put me through so I don't resent him. I just talked about how I noticed it way too late and how I now notice it on everyone before they do. I havent admitted using meds people would make way too much fun of me for this it's like wearing elevator shoes to most people.

its very common that hair loss sufferers avoid social situations and reunions must be particularty bad especially if you had good head of hair, thats how people remembred you and they have this mental image of you in their heads,and all of a sudden you show up with full blown nw6 or whatever baldness level you are.

Worst part is people would tease you about it as it is such a big change that happened to your looks,

HL does change your look dramatically,for worse, no doubt.

the best thing is to have balls and just not give a damn about it

Quote Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
    It's very hard to open up about your shameful secret, be it the reccession in itself or the fact that is affects you so deeply.

I talked about it a little to a younger friend who teases me he has no idea of the pain and the misery hair loss put me through so I don't resent him. I just talked about how I noticed it way too late and how I now notice it on everyone before they do. I havent admitted using meds people would make way too much fun of me for this it's like wearing elevator shoes to most people.
    Really!?? Is that how people perceive it? That’s mad; we just want something back that we already had! Those two things should not be comparable at all.

It's funny how much your perspective changes once you start going through mpb. I guess I didn’t think much about it when I was younger, I didn’t really know how common it is and I didn’t contemplate what a massive effect it can have on a person’s life. But I never would have made of fun of somebody suffering from it; I imagined that it would awful.

Aaaaaaaaaah back in the days of ignorance and bliss...before all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I'd recommend fin but I couldn't live with myself if they got sides. I know I'd get blamed by them, even if it isn't my fault.

WTF DO I DO!?! I have a close friend who is now a NW2 and clearly is a bit put off at his receding hairline. But he's a real man's man and won't open up about it. Should I tell him he has options?????
    That's a tough one Highlander, how do you know he isn't on meds? You should mention it casually if you are a close friend you should be able to talk about it with him, no?

Really!?? Is that how people perceive it? That’s mad; we just want something back that we already had! Those two things should not be comparable at all.

It's funny how much your perspective changes once you start going through mpb. I guess I didn’t think much about it when I was younger, I didn’t really know how common it is and I didn’t contemplate what a massive effect it can have on a person’s life. But I never would have made of fun of somebody suffering from it; I imagined that it would awful.

Aaaaaaaaaah back in the days of ignorance and bliss...before all this.
    Well I heard guys talking about Rogaine or concealers I dont know which one they were refering to and it sure was seen as being fake and desperate.

It's not simply wanting something you once had, it's not accepting your genetics and what you are meant to become, and it is a torture.

If you go bald it will haunt you for the rest of your life.

I wouldn't wish MPB on my worst enemy.
    Its not as bad as you are making it out to be. Majority of men go bald! No big deal!

I don't think I have ever talked about it with anyone personally, but that's one of the reasons I have been drawn to places like this. It's sort of freeing to be able to talk with and discuss something like this with others who are going through the same thing.

People who aren't going through mpb themselves but who you console with??

I've been avoiding meeting up with good friends who I haven't seen in a while because of mpb. I've just making excuses I don't think they have any idea what hell and metnal torture I've been going through. I don't know why but I don't want people who I've known since a young age to see me looking like this, can anyone else relate to this?

Are you forward with anyone about your struggles with mpb??
    Wow. I am sorry to read this

May I ask how old you are? Are you in your twenties?

Inactive

I know how you feel. Keeping your hair is so important, but some lose it and just don't do anything - even though it obviously bothers them.

I don't get it. Why didn't they ever research it? Do they just think it can't be fixed?

And is it then their fault?

I'd recommend fin but I couldn't live with myself if they got sides. I know I'd get blamed by them, even if it isn't my fault.

WTF DO I DO!?! I have a close friend who is now a NW2 and clearly is a bit put off at his receding hairline. But he's a real man's man and won't open up about it. Should I tell him he has options?????
    This is exactly what stopped me from doing anything. I would feel so low if I destroyed their hopes of having a normal life or something.