+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why we hardly hear about bad HT results?

Im talking about all forums, you hardly hear about bad results where patient is unhappy with final outcome, and also I noticed on other forums threads get quickly locked/removed if patient comes forward and complains about particular doctor, especially if doctor is sponsor or recommneded by site.

It gives a false impression that everyone is happy with their results which cant be true, imo there should be a unmoderated section on forum where everyone can send results without fear that site owners will remove it.

how is prospective patient able to make right decision if only top notch results are allowed, Im sure everyone of us wants to know about all failed transplants from particular doctor.

Once surgeon becomes recommended by site x he becomes infallible in that community,
    on other sites I have heard some guys having 'bad experiences' with some of the recomended Drs ,so it propmted me to write this post

if everyone is having great results how come some clinics claim that most or big part of their patients are repair cases or people who were disatisfied with previous work

Didi,

All clinics will have had some poor results and unhappy patients on the way. That is a fact and no clinic is exempt from that.

The work presented by the clinic under the results feature will be a hand picked subset of the yearly work produced by the clinic and hence why you will only see better results.

The only way you will find bad results is if the patient is keeping a regular updated blog on a forum, or the patient has used the forum to gather information, had surgery and later been unsatisifed.

An unhappy patient is different to a bad result as some will have an unrealistic expection of hair restoration surgery and I believe the patient not only needs to be fully informed but possibly turned away if he is not mentally ready to deal with surgery as nothing is guaranteed. You can go to the best clinic in the world and in the unlikely event be unsatisifed.

The more online patients a clinic has, the more susceptible they will be to potentially having a bad review. No online patients means hypothetically no negativity.

The best clinics will have a high proportion of consistent good to excellent work and a small proportion of unsatisfactory work.

I raised the topic of non disclosure agreements awhile ago.

Some clinics will only repair patients or offer refunds if they sign a non-disclosure agreement, so that they don't damage the reputation of the surgeon/clinic.

That was a good topic btw

Apart from refund I think many unstisfied patients simply dont have guts if you will to post their pics and write abt experience, we know many men like to keep it as secret as possible,

reading throgh all these forums you get impression all you need is to do is pick a surgeon from the list and bingo, it would be nice to know true real numbers of happy/unhappy patients

also many patients especialy BHT patients tend to 'disappear' into the thin air, they just stop posting after enthusiastic start..this was raised on HLhelp forum

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    ...you hardly hear about bad results where patient is unhappy with final outcome...
    I have seen lots of posts in this forum from people complaining about bad results.

Agreed. I have also seen dozens of bad reviews for hair transplants. However , after doing a lot of research I began to realize most of them fell into these categories.

1) they were the same guys complaining since they has their hack job in the 80s or 90s..........which were barbaric compared to todays procedures.

2) the customer was almost always under 30 and invariably disappointed that they could not get their orignal hairline /density back so they cried foul.

3) predatory doctors promised these young guys the moon to get their money with no real way to deliver the fantasy that they wanted.

Every once in a while I saw a legit complaint with the actual procedure where the grafts didnt take and whatnot. These are the guys who had a real beef but almost always the doc offered to patch it up for free.

So I felt comfortable that if my expectations were realistic, the price was fair, and I took care of my scalp, I would not be complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Agreed. I have also seen dozens of bad reviews for hair transplants. However , after doing a lot of research I began to realize most of them fell into these categories.

1) they were the same guys complaining since they has their hack job in the 80s or 90s..........which were barbaric compared to todays procedures.

2) the customer was almost always under 30 and invariably disappointed that they could not get their orignal hairline /density back so they cried foul.

3) predatory doctors promised these young guys the moon to get their money with no real way to deliver the fantasy that they wanted.

Every once in a while I saw a legit complaint with the actual procedure where the grafts didnt take and whatnot. These are the guys who had a real beef but almost always the doc offered to patch it up for free.

So I felt comfortable that if my expectations were realistic, the price was fair, and I took care of my scalp, I would not be complaining.

But is it possible that grafts die during or after transplantation. If so, how often.

Hi Didi,

I would normally expect bad results to get more posts then good ones. As in normal news media it's the bad news that gets the headlines. Anyway, I am no expert. However, I had FUE 5 months ago. So far, I can't complain. I have hair, where I had no hair. A few people even said that I was not suitable for FUE, as I would need a total of 5,500 GRAFTS. Although my hair is not think as I would like it to be, from what I have been advised by some of nice guys on this forum is that it can take up to a year. My clinic advised the same.

I did not go to anyone famous or expensive. I went to foreign country, and although it's backed a big German hospital group, very few people could recommend them to me. So, based on taking a chance, so far I am happy with the results. I was pessimistic, thinking that it most likely won't work on me. However, given the cost was so cheap, I thought it's worth a shot. I could afford the expensive clinics as money was not too much of an issue at the same time, I did not want to blow a lot of money on taking a chance. It's hard earned.

Anyway, I suspect, the clinic I went to have loads of happy customers as well as some very unhappy ones. I am in business. So although I try and make every customer happy, I know that will never happen. I suppose the same rules apply in the HT industry. Obviously skills are involved. However, my transplant guys are completely unknown. So that's my view/opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    But is it possible that grafts die during or after transplantation. If so, how often.
    The accepted standard now is 95 to 99% survival rate. Vastly improved from the accepted 50 to 70% I remember reading about even 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thinkingaboutit View Post
    Hi Didi,

However, I had FUE 5 months ago. So far, I can't complain. I have hair, where I had no hair. A few people even said that I was not suitable for FUE, as I would need a total of 5,500 GRAFTS.

I did not go to anyone famous or expensive. I went to foreign country, However, given the cost was so cheap, I thought it's worth a shot.

Anyway, I suspect, the clinic I went to have loads of happy customers as well as some very unhappy ones. I am in business. So although I try and make every customer happy, I know that will never happen. I suppose the same rules apply in the HT industry. Obviously skills are involved. However, my transplant guys are completely unknown. So that's my view/opinion.
    Wow. Did you post any pics ? I would love to see the results !!!