+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1mg of fin for 13 yrs now 0.5mg of dut
    Been on dut since November 2012
    Do not take any hair loss meds and haven't in the past
    Switched over from dut to fin abruptly
    Take dut at night before bed

If you have been on dut only since November, you could just be in an early shedding phase. I would give it at least a year (preferably 24-18 months) before really making judgments on how it is working for you.

I do not know if abruptly switching from fin to dut would make a difference in shedding. However, as an experiment I am slowly tapering off fin while taking dut (started dut 1 month ago). My hope is to avoid a big shed by using the fin as a "bridge" while my body adjusts to dut.
    However by this time your body is completely rid of fin and should be pretty well adjusted to dut. So my guess is that you just need to ride out this shed. I have read anecdotes of people having this kind of shed and then seeing a lot of regrowth during the 6-12 month period. Unfortunately I am not aware of long-term dut studies for hair the way we have for fin, so we are bot hin experimental territory right now....

Edit: Some doctors recommend taking fin on an empty stomach unless it makes you nauseous. So I take my dut in the morning well before breakfast, just in case. You might want to try this and see how it goes (but talk to your doctor, I am no physician)

25 going on 65

Thanks for the detailed reply!!! It's good to hear you have heard cases of good regrowth in the 6-12 month period. I have a feeling too that I am still in the shed phase. The doctor said that it wouldn't be a problem switching abruptly but we didn't speak of shed. I may try taking it the morning.

Good luck and thanks again for the info

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    If you have been on dut only since November, you could just be in an early shedding phase. I would give it at least a year (preferably 24-18 months) before really making judgments on how it is working for you.
    That should have said 14-18 months, not 24-18

You are welcome. Treating hair loss with meds is a very long term process, that is the biggest thing to keep in mind.