+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I saw a couple of hair transplant surgeons in person.

One clinic told me that the laser comb's have been FDA cleared because of (1) Safety & (2) Efficacy. This clinic mentioned that there is also scientific back up indicating the efficacy.

Another clinic, the doctor told me that the combs are not recommended at the clinic and that the FDA only cleared it because of its Safety only not because of it's efficacy.

All in all, I'm confused. Which one is the liar here? Experts speak up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FineHair View Post
    I saw a couple of hair transplant surgeons in person.

One clinic told me that the laser comb's have been FDA cleared because of (1) Safety & (2) Efficacy. This clinic mentioned that there is also scientific back up indicating the efficacy.

Another clinic, the doctor told me that the combs are not recommended at the clinic and that the FDA only cleared it because of its Safety only not because of it's efficacy.

Cleared for safety, not efficacy. Ask them to email you a link to the study that backs up it's efficacy.

Contact Lexington and ask them to send you all seven studies.

Some refuse to believe or accept LLLT could be helpful to anyone in any way. That's just the way it is. Some doctors have seen their own patients benefit from using LLLT.

There are also a number of reputable hair restoration doctors who have conducted their own studies to determine the efficacy of LLLT. One doctor that I have a lot of respect for found that the usage schedule as recommended by Lexington is not adequate for best results. He found that it works better when used every other day rather than three times a week. I have used mine every other day since reading the power point presentation of his study results.

There was a Dateline experiment that included the Hairmax laser comb several years ago. I found it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUeJ...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    They do not say 21% and neither did I. They said 21 hairs per square centimeter. Those two things are not the same - and 21 hairs per square centimeter is actually not very much at all considering how many hairs you have per square centimeter before hair loss moves in and ruins your life.
    I was not saying 21% (Sorry for the typo), I was saying that 45 hair / cm2 can give illusion of a full head of hair, and 21 hair / cm2 is almost half of 45 hair / cm2, so its quite a lot of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    I was not saying 21% (Sorry for the typo)...
    Fair enough. I still don't feel 21 hairs per square centimeter is a lot. But anyways, think of their claim this way. Those terminal hairs didn't sprout out of the scalp as terminal hairs. LLLT does not do that. Those terminal hairs were vellus hairs before treatment. What doctors who have studied LLLT themselves have found is that LLLT increases the caliber of individual hairs, it increases the strength of individual hairs, it improves the quality of individual hairs and it makes hair grow faster (women love this part BTW). However, if you have a square centimeter of scalp that has less than 21 vellus hairs in it, you will not get 21 terminal hairs out of that area of scalp, no matter what treatment you use. Remember, nothing works on areas that are slick bald - except hair transplant surgery.

Are there any side effects to using laser combs?
    Yeah, a pointless loss of income.

Doctor Representative
    UK available to meet London and south east.

Interesting video. Thanks for posting.
    Representative for IAHRS Member, Dr. Chris Bisanga
    View Dr. Bisanga's IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    Cleared for safety, not efficacy. Ask them to email you a link to the study that backs up it's efficacy.

Why would one doc not sell laser and say what you just said that the lasers have been cleared for safety and not efficacy and the other doctor tell me it's cleared for safety and efficacy?

This industry has a lot of scams and frauds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Contact Lexington and ask them to send you all seven studies.

Some refuse to believe or accept LLLT could be helpful to anyone in any way. That's just the way it is. Some doctors have seen their own patients benefit from using LLLT.

There are also a number of reputable hair restoration doctors who have conducted their own studies to determine the efficacy of LLLT. One doctor that I have a lot of respect for found that the usage schedule as recommended by Lexington is not adequate for best results. He found that it works better when used every other day rather than three times a week. I have used mine every other day since reading the power point presentation of his study results.

There was a Dateline experiment that included the Hairmax laser comb several years ago. I found it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUeJ...e=results_main

I've seen that video and it's not convincing. I always feel dateline and these news channels are fake and marketing. How come the doctor said it's cleared for safety and not efficacy? I'm sure doctors are up to date with everything. Who wants to go back to the old days of Bosley with plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yeah, a pointless loss of income.
    Have you tried the lasers, if so, which one?