+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arrow Intelligence and This Site

I'm coming to the realization based on writing analysis that almost every person on this site is:

1) Young

and

2) Intelligent

I wonder if there's a part of intelligence that makes people more apt to notice hair loss or to care about it. Or maybe there's sampling bias because smart people are the only ones with regular access to computers and the knowledge to use them.

Anyway, almost everyone who post regularly on this site, from Highlander to Davey Jones seems to write extremely well and display knowledge and thought processes much better than on other forums.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?

My guess is it's because the nature of hair loss is technical and demands initiative and research. Less intelligent people don't make it past infomercials and high street con merchants.

Young people are more likely to be critical of their own looks, if not obsessive. As for intelligence, I think it's a beast of burden that causes to eternally seek knowledge (even though we've probably exhausted most there is to know, in regards to hair loss). Also intelligence causes us to hyper-analyze things like how we're perceived visually to our peers and how we interact with others.

In summation, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    I wonder if there's a part of intelligence that makes people more apt to notice hair loss or to care about it. Or maybe there's sampling bias because smart people are the only ones with regular access to computers and the knowledge to use them.

Anyway, almost everyone who post regularly on this site, from Highlander to Davey Jones seems to write extremely well and display knowledge and thought processes much better than on other forums.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?
    They say grass doesn't grow on a busy street ! Bald men on average do seem more intelligent IMO! Because they have to compensate for it somehow.

BigT has a point. We've taken the time to educate ourselves, research and generally understand our situation and approach it in the best way we know how.

Which can only be a good thing, I wish we could add a dash of pragmatism in ourselves too, would be excellent!!

What intelligence are you talking about ?
    With all respect to members of this forum, but whining about hair loss and aesthetics 24/7 does not make you intelligent, even if you have good writing skills!!

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    What intelligence are you talking about ?
    With all respect to members of this forum, but whining about hair loss and aesthetics 24/7 does not make you intelligent, even if you have good writing skills!!
    Whining about aesthetics doesn't make you unintelligent either. It's doesn't matter one way or another.

Whereas writing ability almost always has some correlation with intelligence.

Inactive

I have never come across another forum where people are so articulate and intelligent (outside of academic-type forums). Granted, we do have the occasional baldy1990 type of person post; but I agree for the most part. No offense to baldy, I think English may be his third or fourth language by the way he types.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I no way do I find this forum and its members to be particularly intelligent or articulated. The only one exception to this rule would probably be that Desmond guy from Australia - but I think he's an actual scientist.

Most people here are emotional, angry, upset, irrational, and atheist. No respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    irrational, and atheist.