+ Reply to Thread

Default Really struggling need advice!

Hi there, so I started on Fin (brought from inhousepharmacy) 4 months ago. I was scared of getting sides so I thought I'd just try 0.25 (one Quarter) of a tablet every day.

I also started Minoxil at the same time and used a Scalp Roller to help absorbtion but only used the minox and scalp roller for 2 months as I thought it was too much hassle and assumed the Fin would do the trick alone.

After the first 3 months everything seemed to be going fine, I got no Fin side effects and my hair shed less and seemed thick.

But after the last month, I don't know whats happened but my hair is just falling out, everytime I shower I loose loads of hairs, theres hairs on my desk at work, my hair has never looked so thin and crappy!

I'm going to cut it short tonight because it looks so bad, this is a disaster I thought the fin would sort this, what action should I take next I am really struggling what should I do now?

It sounds like you're experiencing a shed, which is a normal effect of both medications you're taking. Basically the treatments can put a higher than normal number of hairs into the telogen (resting phase) all at once, causing the shed.

I'm not going to tell you that the hair will definitely all grow back, because I've heard of cases where it didn't. I know it's terrifying but the shed is normal, it's common and you should come out the other side with better hair than when you started.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

ok thanks Matt, I also think it might be because I was ont he Minox for 2 months then just stopped, so I'm upping my dose of Fin from 0.24mg to the normal 1.mg per day and slowly phasing in the minox treatment again.

I guess I should have just stuck with the minox in the first place and gone straight onto the recomended dose of 1.mg finasteride.
    It is really scary but feeling better about it now I've got a plan of action in place and knowing that this is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    ok thanks Matt, I also think it might be because I was ont he Minox for 2 months then just stopped, so I'm upping my dose of Fin from 0.24mg to the normal 1.mg per day and slowly phasing in the minox treatment again.

I guess I should have just stuck with the minox in the first place and gone straight onto the recomended dose of 1.mg finasteride.
    It is really scary but feeling better about it now I've got a plan of action in place and knowing that this is normal.
    sounds like a minox shed. I shed like crazy when I abruptly quit minox.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldJerry View Post
    sounds like a minox shed. I shed like crazy when I abruptly quit minox.
    Well I've been off Minox for 2 months, isnt that abit late to be experiencing a minox shed?
    I was only on it for 2 months aswel but I did use a microneedle to help it absorb in so my scalp would have been getting a massive dose. Apparently microneedling helps topical absorbtion into the skin by over %100.

Fin shed.

Fin has been a rollercoaster for me, didn't do much for first few months, then the shedding started and lasted for I dont know, 2 months, finally saw some results, and then bam back to shedding again a few weeks later!

Im on month 7, I think i'm going through another thickening period, overall though it seems to be maintaining and not doing much more. But hey maintanence is alot better than losing more hair!