+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    There aren't many, unfortunately; you're still going through puberty, so Propecia isn't an option. I'm not sure if there's an age limit for minoxidil, so you may want to check on that. Nizoral or Regenepure shampoo would be just fine, but you absolutely cannot use them more than twice a week. Like someone else mentioned, switch to a sulfate and paraben-free shampoo and conditioner; Kevin Murphy makes a nice, high-end one, but the Costco shampoos/conditioners are sulfate-free.

What city are you in? I only ask to see if there's an IAHRS surgeon in your area. You're definitely not old enough for a transplant, but any surgeon would be willing to take a look at you and advise you about your options.
    For nizoral or minox do i just go and see a general physican? because the dermatologist in my area is pretty old fashion when it comes to balding and feels that when it goes it goes, so i doubt she'd prescribe me much... and i live in Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaymin View Post
    For nizoral or minox do i just go and see a general physican? because the dermatologist in my area is pretty old fashion when it comes to balding and feels that when it goes it goes, so i doubt she'd prescribe me much... and i live in Montreal.
    Hey Ben.

Takes a lot of courage to come onto a site like this and face your fears as bravely as you have done. I would never have been strong enough at your age.

You have a lot of guys in the same boat as you are. Lots of good advice.

Nizoral can be picked up at most super markets and are avail to anyone. I do not see any harm in it either but I am not a doctor.

Do NOT ,and I repeat, do NOT go get rogaine, minoxodil ,finasterida, or any kind of hair transplant nor any kind of funky 'hair system'.

Do NOT purchase any gimmik wonder drugs . Do not ingest anything into your body for this issue at all.

Go to your doctor and discuss it with your parents /guardian before you take any steps.

Seems to me your hair looks good. I dont think you are going bald for 20 more years or more

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hey Ben.

Takes a lot of courage to come onto a site like this and face your fears as bravely as you have done. I would never have been strong enough at your age.

You have a lot of guys in the same boat as you are. Lots of good advice.

Nizoral can be picked up at most super markets and are avail to anyone. I do not see any harm in it either but I am not a doctor.

Do NOT ,and I repeat, do NOT go get rogaine, minoxodil ,finasterida, or any kind of hair transplant nor any kind of funky 'hair system'.

Do NOT purchase any gimmik wonder drugs . Do not ingest anything into your body for this issue at all.

Go to your doctor and discuss it with your parents /guardian before you take any steps.

Seems to me your hair looks good. I dont think you are going bald for 20 more years or more
    Thank you so much for this response, my self esteem has really gone down the gutter because of this but what you just told me has lifted my spirits tenfold, i honestly hope its just a maturing hairline but i'm preparing for the worst, and i'm planning on facing it like a man, once it gets to a certain point,ill just shave it, no point in hiding whats obvious.

I think the only option you really have is to keep an eye out in case you receed further. It would be interesting to have before pics to see how much did your hairline receded. For example, I had a worst hairline than yours as a kid and never saw it as a problem, I only started losing in my early 20's

Like everyone said, you could be bald in 6 months, or keep that hairline to the day you die, with all the possible variations of time frame and recession imaginable in between those scenarios.

Keep an eye out, but start to worry when you have something worth to be worried about

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaymin View Post
    Thank you so much for this response, my self esteem has really gone down the gutter because of this but what you just told me has lifted my spirits tenfold, i honestly hope its just a maturing hairline but i'm preparing for the worst, and i'm planning on facing it like a man, once it gets to a certain point,ill just shave it, no point in hiding whats obvious.
    Its always a good idea to clean up your diet, and that should IMO always be the first step. And it's good for whether you suffer from MPB or not.

Stop eating McDonalds, processed food, microwave food and all that kind of crap. Eat REAL food, and maybe get a multivitamin and some other supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Its always a good idea to clean up your diet, and that should IMO always be the first step. And it's good for whether you suffer from MPB or not.

Stop eating McDonalds, processed food, microwave food and all that kind of crap. Eat REAL food, and maybe get a multivitamin and some other supplements.
    yup, im taking fish oil supplement and b-50 complex everyday, and starting this week im going back to the gym, and a better diet etc

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post

Good advice. Easier said than done , but good advice.

Hey man,
    TRUST ME I GET IT.
    your parents will tell you your crazy.
    i have the exact same hairline as you and im 18 too.
    Its shit.

just letting you know your not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Baldingat18 View Post
    Hey man,
    TRUST ME I GET IT.
    your parents will tell you your crazy.
    i have the exact same hairline as you and im 18 too.
    Its shit.

just letting you know your not alone
    Its good to finally see someone that's dealing with the same shit at MY age. How have you been handling it? I'm thinking on my 18th birthday i'm just gonna have a big drunken shave my head party with all my close friends, and move on with my life. I mean sometimes its hard, and i mean REALLY hard to deal with this but oh well, we where dealt shit hands in life, no need to lose sleep over it!

Eating lots of raw fruit and vegetables, besides being generally good for you, they can be a natural source of biotin and MSM (organic sulfur) which are both good for your hair. Eggs are supposedly also a good source of biotin. If you go to the gym, perhaps avoid protein shakes with additives that claim to increase testosterone as they can potentially encourage hair loss.

Perhaps beginning to meditate and practice mindfulness might help to reduce any stress you might be creating by worrying about your hair (and other things). Stress hormones over a long period of time are not good for hair (or the rest of the body). Stress hormones can be naturally balanced out with: relaxation, smiling, laughing and having a good time, crying, meditation, sleeping well, and eating well.

I think your hair looks great BTW. Best of luck with it all.