+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaymin View Post
    Hmmm. I'm not sure those pics are going to be much help; they're so fuzzy that you can barely see the hairline. The key to getting useful pics is to use a stable, clear, high resolution image. Try using a digital camera; cell phone pics are notoriously bad. We also need to see your hairline more close-up, but the softness is really the problem here. There could be MPB recession, but I just can't tell.

ok ill take those later, but in the meantime, if it is mpb, what treatments are available for someone under 18? i tried seeing a dermatologist when i was there for un-related skin problem and asked her to check my hair, she looked for literally 2 seconds and said its fine, but my hairline is telling me a different story.

Your hair looks like mine used to at 16.
    There's really not much recession.
    But...the follicles are thinning. If you fair is much lighter on the crown than that sides that's a clear indication that your is getting finer. Another sign is if it's difficult to brush or comb when it's wet, and tangles more than it used to.

Treatment options are up to you.

Btw, recommend that you hide your face for privacy reasons. Just a good general rule on the internet.
    Last edited by TheLaughingCow; 03-04-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    Your hair looks like mine used to at 16.
    There's really not much recession.
    But...the follicles are thinning. If you fair is much lighter on the crown than that sides that's a clear indication that your is getting finer. Another sign is if it's difficult to brush or comb when it's wet, and tangles more than it used to.

Treatment options are up to you.

Btw, recommend that you hide your face for privacy reasons. Just a good general rule on the internet.
    i know this is an odd question, but how many more years do u give my hair then? because sometimes when i get bummed out i feel like ill go bald at 19

Do a close up picture of your hairline area. Seems like your a Thick NW2.

Unfortunately you can't use any treatment for your hairloss because your still young. You can start eating healthy and exercising, also use non sulfate shampoo/conditioner when you shower. You can probably use nizoral? I don't know what the age restriction for that shampoo. If you can use it, then apply twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Do a close up picture of your hairline area. Seems like your a Thick NW2.

Unfortunately you can't use any treatment for your hairloss because your still young. You can start eating healthy and exercising, also use non sulfate shampoo/conditioner when you shower. You can probably use nizoral? I don't know what the age restriction for that shampoo. If you can use it, then apply twice a week.
    ive started going back to the gym (5-6 times a week) with a diet to follow, i also take vitamin supplemtents (omega 3 enriched fish oil, and b-50 complex everyday) and ok ill try to pick up a shampoo asap

im 17 and my hairline is worse than yours.

doubt itll make you feel better but youre not alone

i know this is an odd question, but how many more years do u give my hair then? because sometimes when i get bummed out i feel like ill go bald at 19
    I won't give you an answer because every person balds differently and I don't want to tell you your hair's "expiration date".

Plus, even if I took a gander, I'd probably be wrong.

I'm 18, and at a NW3 if that means anything to you.

Remember that every person goes bald differently. You may be completely bald next year or progression might halt into your 70s.

Can anyone recommend me a treatment option for someone under 18? i would like to start treating my hair as early as possible, thanks!

Can anyone recommend me a treatment option for someone under 18? i would like to start treating my hair as early as possible, thanks!
    There aren't many, unfortunately; you're still going through puberty, so Propecia isn't an option. I'm not sure if there's an age limit for minoxidil, so you may want to check on that. Nizoral or Regenepure shampoo would be just fine, but you absolutely cannot use them more than twice a week. Like someone else mentioned, switch to a sulfate and paraben-free shampoo and conditioner; Kevin Murphy makes a nice, high-end one, but the Costco shampoos/conditioners are sulfate-free.

What city are you in? I only ask to see if there's an IAHRS surgeon in your area. You're definitely not old enough for a transplant, but any surgeon would be willing to take a look at you and advise you about your options.