+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My story

Default My story

Hey guys i'm a long time reader of this forum. It has helped a great deal and is very informative. My next step is to get some advice regarding my specific situation..All advice is encouraged.

Lets get this started. I'm a 22 year old in shape male who is experiencing a receding hairline and some diffused thinning. I also developed a patch on my beard where i do not grow any hair and MAY be lactose intolerant(milk causes me to break out, dont know if that ties into my situation or not). About 2 months ago, i went to go see Dr. Bernard Arocha regarding a hair transplant. He basically quoted me a price and the number of grafts he suggest for the procedure. He never once mentioned rogaine or propecia which i felt was a little weird. Needless to say, i walked out the appointment extremely unconfident and decided to do a little research of my own. I came across Dr. Limmer's website and he suggest being on medicine for one year before making any decisions. This made total sense to me because i knew i would need to maintain my current hair if i wanted to get good results after a hair transplant. My current regiment is this...

1) multiviatmin
    2) Rogaine 5% (foam in morning, liquid at night)
    3) Biotin 3mg a day
    4) fish oil
    5) Head and shoulders hair endurance(monday wednesday and friday)
    6) clean eating and working out

I have been on for a rogaine for a month and have experienced an increase in hair loss. Im guessing this is the dredded shed everyone talks about? I feel that if even rogaine did work, i would need to add propecia into my regiment. After some of the horror stories, im attempting to get a little more information on the drug. Here are some of my questions

1) Im regularly very active, outgoing, and motivated. I also experience a very high sex drive. Will propecia make me act differently or "less of me" than before? I dont want to change the way i carry myself.

2) I work out frequently. Will propecia cause me to have less energy or make it harder for my body to build muscle?

3) What are the side effects you experienced while and post life of the drug?(ED, Depression, Anxiety etc..)

I think you are way too young to consider a transplant without first stabilizing your hair less with medication.

Being as young as you are I would hold off on a transplant and wait for emerging treatments to hit the market in the next couple of years.

Try the propecia and rogaine for a year - then reassess.